Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roxy2007_gw

Granite yard/fabricators recs in NJ

roxy2007
14 years ago

Hi, looking for recommendations! If you are happy with the place you used for your granite countertop,can you please provide their information? I'm hoping to be able to go and select the slab. I'm in Northern/central NJ.

Thank you!

Comments (7)

• scoutcat
    14 years ago

I'm using Stone Surfaces, in East Rutherford. They've come to template, but I won't get my granite until Tuesday - I'll give my review then. They're very nice to deal with.

• rufinorox
    14 years ago

I used Unlimited Stone in Paterson. Very good experience.

Here is a link that might be useful: granite

• annie.zz
    14 years ago

For granite yards in central jersey - 1) there's OHM in Monroe - indoors which may help when trying to see what it will look like inside. You need an appointment so call ahead.
    2) Also in the same area, try European in Jamesburg. I almost got my granite from them - I like them because they are really picky and honest about their slabs. If it's not a good slab, they'll tell you.
    3) Cosmic stone in New Brunswick. They had a large selection and some really nice slabs but not in the stone I wanted.
    4) Ankur in Jamesburg or Monroe (you can google their website.) I didn't get there because they were closed when I needed to find a slab, but several people here got great slabs there at good prices.
    5) MSI in Edison. I ended up getting my granite there at the last minute. They were ok, but not as helpful as I'd have liked. The didn't want to move slabs around without a lot of persistence, even when there was clearly a different lot in the back.

For fabricators,
    I used Natural Stone and granite in N. Brunswick. They were fine - reasonably priced and fast. But I don't know if I'd use them a more complex job. In my case, I didn't need seams because of the layout.

I almost went with Stone Surfaces of Central NJ in New Brunswick. I heard good things about them and they have a great rating with BBB. They were pricier though.

If I were doing it over again, I think I'd go with Benchmark for fabricating. They have offices in Lakewood and in north jersey somewhere (can't remember.) You can e-mail them and they will give you a quote based on your layout. They have a decent showroom and work with many of the large granite yards. I've never heard a bad story about them. They use laser templating and seem to do a very good job with seams, matching etc. Their pricing was about the same as stone surfaces.

good luck, and have fun!

• User
    14 years ago

I think I might win a prize for going to the most granite yards in Central NJ and even one or two in Penn.I am not super proud of this, but it tells you something:).
    When I was looking - most of the yards did not do fabricating and indeed BENCHMARK was raved about by a contractor I knew as well as a good friend who had used them and then I read about them on here. I had forgotten until the post above that they also had a location in northern NJ as I had used the Lakewood location.
    In any case, I actually ended up getting my granite from them as well as using them for fabricating.
    All the positives about them are true- they do the laser templating and they could not have been nicer to deal with and less pressure etc.
    When the guy came to template, I explained how I wanted a little something curved on my smallish (well compared to some of the ones on here) island but wasn't certain. He played on that computer and offered suggestions and guidance and did not rush at all. That REALLY impressed me.
    Everything about them was delightful.
    OHM, European and Ankur are all within 15 minutes of each other and not far from the turnpike if you should decide to look there.

Here is a link that might be useful: benchmarkss (see bottom lists mahwah)

• roxy2007
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone for all the helpful informaton!!!

• sarayale
    12 years ago

I have also used Benchmark and was happy. They used to do the installs for Home Depot, and are now owned by Masco (Kraftmaid) I believe or one of the big companies. There was a mistake and I must say they did absorb the cost even though we were both at fault in the error, and made me a new countertop. Ultimately, they stand by their work and the installers are looking out for you.