Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BM Smoke in kitchen - post your blue kitchen!

Posted by linjbo (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 17:35

Has anyone used Benjamin Moore Smoke in a kitchen? It is a very pale blue. I had a designer advise that it would look great with my Emerald Pearl granite which is black with silvery/blue flecks in it. But I can't imagine pale blue in a kitchen. I am stuck in my thinking of it as a bedroom/bathroom color. Any pix anyone can post of blue walls in your kitchen? Or if you have a blue/gray color (gray with blue undertones) post as well please.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BM Smoke in kitchen - post your blue kitchen!

Here's a shot of our kitchen, completed in October 2010.

Our counters are Blue In The Night Granite.
A very dark grey, silver and black speckeld stone with occassional flecks of blue mica.

The paint is a 50/50 mix of BM Metallic Silver and Pigeon Grey.
We found the Metallic Silver to be too light and the Pigeon Grey too blue.
So we asked our BM dealer to combine the two.
The paint looks more grey in the daylight and more blue at night
I'm attaching a link to the rest of the kitchen so you can better see the paint.
HTH

Here is a link that might be useful: Completed Kitchen

o

Emerald Pearl or blue pearl? Emerald pearl is more green than blue.

We have blue pearl but our walls and cabinets are white.

o

This is the kitchen I put in my old house (my single days!) I used two blues, and never bothered with a backsplash because I couldn't come up with one I loved. Of course I'm having the same problem with the new kitchen...
Photobucket
Photobucket

My new kitchen I'm using a more gray color, but its definitely got blue in it. I can't get a decent picture of it because there is still a fuchsia wall... you can see it reflected in the fridge... but here you go. Please ignore the tile sample :)
Photobucket

o

I just looked up BM smoke and if it looks in real life what the pic on my screen shows, the color is almost identical to what I'm using in the new kitchen.

o

KristinF2012 - What is the name of your granite? It is beautiful.

o

Thank you! Its showing light in the picture I posted, so here is the slab. Its a slightly more tame Juparana Delicatus. I absolutely adore it. The black chunks, along with creams and grays and taupes - even a bit of burgundy up close :)
Photobucket

o

I don't have photos of my kitchen yet (coming soon, I'm hoping!), but here are my 2 inspiration photos. I, too, was apprehensive about putting blue in my kitchen because I kept thinking it would read "bathroom" color. After experimenting with blueish green, I decided to stay true to my inspiration photos and went with a blue backsplash with gray tones in it. I think it will look great and if anything, somewhat unique because I still don't see many blue kitchens yet. My kitchen wall color (not a lot of bare wall, though) is BM Revere Pewter, plays off the neutral in the rest of the house and goes well with my tiles without being too matchy-matchy.

San Jose Res 2 traditional

white kitchen marble countertop, sub zero, wood countertop traditional kitchen

o

BM smoke is my favorite color! we've used so many beautiful colors in our house, but we did ds's room in smoke and i always feel so good when i look at his walls. i'd love to put it in a room where it would get more visibility. it's such a yummy blue.

Photobucket

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here