Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purrparlor

Stainless sink, rectangular, with offset drain?

annkathryn
12 years ago

Can anyone point me to a stainless undermount sink to fit into a 36"cabinet that has the drain offset to one side? I'm looking for something similar to this:

Thanks!

Comments (20)

• amritakaur
    12 years ago

You can go to AJ Madison, input your requirements and see what comes up. I found this one:

Here is a link that might be useful: Elkay Undermount Sink with Right Rear Drain

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

I bought one from eBay. I just looked and I don't see any listed by this seller right now. But you can look at ebay and contact them and see if they will be getting any more in.

The seller is sinkandfaucetxpress

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you amritakaur & bee!

• jmcgowan
    12 years ago

I am getting a stainless steel sink with a right rear corner drain made by Julien. I found out about this product from Lynn (farmgirlinky), who put one in her beautiful kitchen. I also spoke with Dino Rachiele, and he was extremely helpful -- you may want to check out his site.

The downside is that Julien sinks are expensive. A favorite on GW is Ticor, so you may want to find out if they make a sink with a corner drain. Dino did tell me that he thought Julien makes very high quality sinks; I've heard great things about them elsewhere, and really liked what I saw in person.

Good luck finding the right sink!

Julien Sinks
    Farmgirlinky's Kitchen
    Dino Rachiele's Site

• angie_diy
    12 years ago

I just put in the exact one that Amritakaur referenced. So far, very happy!

No faucet yet

Now there is a faucet

• kaijutokusatsu
    12 years ago

I've been looking at this Nantucket sink its 32" though. I don't know if they have any bigger ones.

Here is a link that might be useful: nantucket ZR3218

• rmsaustin
    12 years ago

Kohler makes one - K-3673; it's pricey (but not as pricey as what is listed on the Kohler website), but I like the square corner rectangular shape and bevel (vs. rounded rectangle). Also, is 16 gauge SS vs. 18. Comes with a grid and wine glass rack. Available on Amazon for $882.

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much, everyone! Lots of good options.

That Kohler one looks pretty slick. DH and I watched a few of the videos on the Rachiele website and DH (the dishwasher of the family) is now convinced that a (relatively) shallower sink is the way to go.

• marcydc
    12 years ago

Franke GNX11028

I really like that the drain is back in the corner and out of the way.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Franke sink

• PRO
    Rachiele Custom Sinks
    12 years ago

I have to agree with the comment above... Julien makes the finest stainless steel sink out there in my book. I have referred several people to Julien. A couple thoughts... Double check the Franke distance from the drain to the side of the sink. Make sure there is enough room for your disposal. Just from looking at the photo above, it looks tight. Secondly, be careful of stainless sinks coming from China. This is a photo sent to me by a contractor of a Kohler Vault stainless sink that the contractor said was rusting - new in the box.

• northcarolina
    12 years ago

Mr. Rachiele, I have seen the letter on your website describing your business problems with Kohler. You aren't posting that picture just to try to discredit Kohler, are you? I hope not, because I would think that your sinks could stand on their own merits without a negative campaign against other brands. I have no right to tell you what to post on any public forum, but I have noticed a pattern of you posting negative comments here about sinks other than the ones you sell. It makes me sad to see it.

Disclaimer: there is a Kohler Vault at my house awaiting installation. It has no rust or other defects. I can't speak to its durability yet, of course. I have no particular loyalty to Kohler; I bought the sink simply because it had the features I wanted (low divide, low profile topmount).

• SaraKat
    12 years ago

I for one appreciate it. I am so disgusted with American companies outsourcing to China then passing off inferior products. What really disgusts me is how hard it is becoming to tell where products come from. Such as the recent scandal of dog treats killing dogs and then right on the bag it says headquartered in the USA but that does not mean MADE in the USA, they were made in China. It's truly and wholly dishonest and slight of hand and I'm sick of it. Why are they not held to the same standards? Liars. I'm not sorry if that offends...

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

What are the benefits of an offset drains vs center drain?

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The reason I asked the original question was because I would like to have a pullout trash bin on one side of a 36" base cabinet, and still have room for the plumbing on the other side. Sort of like what morton5 did, although he/she had 2 trash pullouts and I only need one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Morton5's prep sink + pullout trash bins

• alwaysfixin
    12 years ago

Annkathryn - is that the Blanco Silgranit Super Single you've pictured? I would like to suggest you choose that instead of stainless (sorry). Not only is it the configuration you want, but I can tell you, as a "convert" to Silgranit from stainless, that I wouldn't go back to stainless. No more scratches, water spots and dull film. Silgranit is so easy care. Do a search on this forum to read about Silgranit and how people like it.

• angie_diy
    12 years ago

annakathryn: That was a principal motivation for me, too:

I plan to put a recycling pullout on the left, and a trash can in front of the GD on the right.

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    12 years ago

alwaysfixin, yes, that's a Silegranit. I've seen good things about it here on GW. I showed it to DH and he's open to looking at it in person.

Angie, thanks for the picture, that's exactly what I want to do. Is yours a 36" cabinet? Are you going to have a pullout door on the left and a regular side-hinged one on the right?

• alwaysfixin
    12 years ago

Marti8a - in answer to your question, there are two advantages to a kitchen sink offset drain. One is what has been pictured in this thread, that when you don't have a drain pipe in the middle, you have lots more room under the sink for disposal, trash and storage. The second advantage is that you can lay a roasting pan, cookie sheet, baking pan etc in the sink to soak without covering up the drain. An offset drain does not have to be in the corner, though that's nice. Our Blanco Super Single's drain is offset rear-center, and we still have the advantages.

• angie_diy
    12 years ago

AnnaK: Yes, it is a 36". I have regular doors on both sides. I (stupidly?) did not buy/specify the pullout at the time we ordered the cabs. I had always planned to make my own recycling pullout based on some undermount slides I acquired early in the building process. It will be somewhat like a ROTS.