Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ballpark for a 48" range hood?

Posted by olivesmom (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 17:34

Can anyone give me rough estimate cost-wise for a powerful hood hood to fit over a 48" bluestar? I think I want the 24" grill so I would be looking at a powerful hood, but I have no idea bout the technical numbers or whatever. I just recall from other threads people have mentioned the increase in cost for a hood when you have a large range with grill.

If it matters, I would probably be placing the range on an interior wall, so venting will have to go straight up through the second floor, or turn and go out.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ballpark for a 48" range hood?

Try checking out ventingdirect dot com or google 48" hoods and follow the links. Pricing depends on how powerful you want the hood and your aesthetic.

Rangecraft had a clearance 48" hood for $2600 from $5200.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rangecraft clearance page

o

Would I want a 54" hood though, for overhang? And how powerful would I need if I have a 24" grill?

I'm just trying to figure out if this is an under $5,000, $7,000, or closer to 10,000 item.

When I google I see hoods $1,200 and up, but I doubt I am looking at something less than 3,00o amd I figured it will be even more than that.

o

I just finished a Kemper kitchen for a customer that used a 1200 CFM insert for a 54" hood. It was $2600 for the insert. $6600 by the time all of the fancy pants stuff was added for the cabinet mantle hood. And the makeup air from the HVAC contractor was 8K. That is a MUST in your budget calculations as well as it is required in the new building codes.

o

Thanks live-wire, that what I needed, I knew there was some more technical stuff, the makeup air, that I read about. Guess I should plan for roughly $15,000 for the hood and air makeup then, maybe more.

o

FWIW, I just got a $3700 bid from ModernAire for a 54" brushed stainless canopy with baffles. That does not include the blowers (we already have an external blower installed). It also doesn't include delivery, installation, or tax, so I'm figuring it will come out closer to $4500 for just the "cover". I sincerely hope it isn't higher than that! (THe blower cost about $1k a year ago.)

HTH.

o

I just bought a Broan 42" 1200cfm dual blower undercabinet vent hood with SS baffles for a little over $1000. Peke

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here