Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Columbia Cabinets

Posted by kimmiej (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 17:27

Hi, A local dealer is suggesting Columbia kitchen cabinets. I can't find much information on them which makes me nervous. Does anyone out there have this line of cabinets? If so, please share your experience. Also, of you know how they compare in price points to other major brands, I'd like to know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Columbia Cabinets

Hi. Are you in Canada? Columbia is a local manufacturer here (Abbotsford, BC). They make beautiful cabinets. We had them in our first house (custom made), and funnily enough they were also here in our present house. Though not for much longer, kitchen was redone 5 years ago, and we're just in the process of gutting 2 bathrooms. Cupboards held up for almost 50 years! Does that help?

o

raehelen: Thank you for the insight. That is very helpful. Do you have any pictures? I would love to see them. Thanks again!

o

Hi,

I don't have any pictures, as cupboards are gone...and they wouldn't be of any use to you as obviously not what they are carrying now...LOL

I can tell you they have an excellent reputation out here. When we built our previous home, you could deal directly with them. Now, they are only sold through kitchen/bath places. As for pricing, I guess your local dealer would know, we have had our bathroom cabinets custom made, so haven't been pricing out commercial lines.

o

raehelen, I just found this. I'm getting my bathroom vanity from Columbia, through my K&B designer. I'm glad to hear your recommendation.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here