Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
X Post: Prestige Range Hood Opinions

Posted by WMA89 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 17, 13 at 17:13

Hi, I just posted this in appliances, but would love any input from you guys as well.

We've been having a horrible time finding a classic styled stainless steel chimney wall mount range hood that is under $3,500. We need a 42 or 48" (24" deep) hood to go over a new Wolf 36" gas rangetop. We really love the Wolf Pro Chimney wall hood, but we have a 10 foot vaulted ceiling and Wolf does not offer a flue extension for this height. We'd have to piece smaller extensions together and the Wolf rep does not recommend that because the seams would not be tight. The range wall is a focal point so we can't risk that.
I like the looks of the Viking chimney style range hood, but you need to use a Viking ventilation kit or you void the warranty. We have a remote blower installed in the attic, so that won't work. And we've also not read anything good about Viking equipment lately.

I've finally found one that I think will work: the Prestige Pyramid Classic. Looks good, comes with an optional seamless flue extension for 10" ceilings and is within our budget. I can't find many reviews of this hood, and there are no dealers in my immediate area where I can take a look at one.

Anyone have experience with Prestige? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: X Post: Prestige Range Hood Opinions

We don't have the Prestige chimney style hood but have a prestige 1600 CFM fan and blower inside our 54" x 27" wood hood. It's been extensively used for the past 3 years. We love it. It's quieter than our old recirculating fan! It does a great job. Easy to clean up. We recently had a problem with the wall mounted light switch. Just received the replacement part. I would highly recommend a prestige fan.

o
RE: X Post: Prestige Range Hood Opinions

Thanks, bostonpam. A poster on the appliance forum also assured me that Prestige is a very good hood, so it looks like we'll be going with this one. One more decision made!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here