Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hobokenkitchen

Sneak Peek of our Unfinished Master Bath

hobokenkitchen
11 years ago

Also a reveal of which vanity we chose after all your helpful votes and comments. : )

We're missing a ton of stuff (even lights), but here's a sneak peek of our master bathroom. We're missing trim paint, vent covers, ceiling paint, etc, etc.

We're off to search for a mirror tomorrow and then the electrician comes next week and we should have some light!

Anyway, without further ado, here it is so far:

Comments (26)

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Wow, that's amazing. I LOVE your tile, and the lines on that tub fit in perfectly! Great choice with that vanity.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Yowza! That's one fine looking bathroom ya got shaping up there! :)

• suzanne_sl
    11 years ago

Why can't you have a dinky bathroom like mine? I'd love some inspiration.

Love what you're doing!

• blondelle
    11 years ago

Very nice. You made great choices. Is the marble tile the real deal or a porcelain wanna be? If porcelain would you mind sharing the manufacturer and style name? Thanks!

• blondelle
    11 years ago

Very nice. You made great choices. Is the marble tile the real deal or a porcelain wanna be? If porcelain would you mind sharing the manufacturer and style name? Thanks!

• natebear zone 10B
    11 years ago

So what's the story with the vanity? Did you order from the original company and it actually showed up? I recently saw a post by allison??? of a bathroom with a similar vanity and thought of your bathroom. Either way, I'm glad it worked out!

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Love it.

• allison0704
    11 years ago

Looks great! What company did you end up getting the vanity from? Which wall faucets?

• badgergal
    11 years ago

Your bathroom is looking fabulous. I especially love the wall tile behind your tub. So happy for you after all the remodel nightmares you experienced. Wishing you lots of bubble bath soaking time to make up for all the stress you went through.

This post was edited by badgergal on Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 21:54

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Blondelle, the tile is porcelain wannabe. It's called Exedra Calacutta and it's from Artistic Tile.

Natebear/ Allison - it is not the original vanity - I couldn't find it anywhere and couldn't get an answer on when it would be back in stock.
    It seems virtually identical though - it's the British Cane vanity from Modern bath. We're pleased with it.

Allison we went with the Kohler Devonshire. I'm not in love with it yet, but hopefully it will grow on me.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Oh hoboken, it's lovely, original, crisp and light filled and I just love the serenity of it. Well done!

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

that looks gorgeous! would you mind telling me about your tiles by the tub?

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Badgergal - thanks! We are loving the new contractor. LOVING him. He seems as great as the other guy was bad.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the sweet words oldbat2be.

Michoumonster - the feature tile is Danse Lucido Vetromarmi collection water jet tile with glass and calcutta marble.

The subways are Pavarotti Pearl all by Artistic Tile.

• enduring
    11 years ago

Hey, what color did you go with? (its covering that pinkish beige that I liked:) This is a beautiful bath and the color you found is a great choice!

• sochi
    11 years ago

Looks just beautiful, gorgeous tile!

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We went with the Moonshine 2140-60.
    It was so weird because initially it looked blue and just wasn't working, but it kind of 'settled' and by the time DH got home from work it looked totally different. Probably something to with totally drying out and the light changing in the room.

I just hope it doesn't turn blue again when we get lights!! Right now I really like it. It's very peaceful, but not cold.

• ginagordon_gw
    11 years ago

Hobokenkitchen,

Sorry if I missed it, but what are the measurements of your bathroom?

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Gina, our bathroom is really long and thin, like a hallway. It made planning it really difficult.

I can't remember the length off hand, but it's only 6 feet wide. I'll measure length later.

• Tmnca
    11 years ago

Do you have a shower stall too? It looks very serene and beautiful, love the tub!

• ginagordon_gw
    11 years ago

Thanks Hoboken! I thought so, ours is 6x18 and trying to reconfigure it has been very tough!! Yours gives me hope, though.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

tinan - the shower is at the other end of the room. Here's a pic taken before the trim and shower heads went on.

Gina Gorden - our bathrooms are exactly the same size! : )
    Ours is 6' x 18.3'. We were fortunate with our door placement - we had great space for a huge shower which is lovely.
    We had alternate floor plans which might have worked if the window were placed differently, but I think it all worked out!

• ginagordon_gw
    11 years ago

Hoboken,

Where did you fit the toilet, with the shower on one end and the tub on the other? Does it feel private?

Love, love, love the size of the shower BTW! is it 6x5?

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Lol, the toilet does not feel private! It's next to the shower.

We could have relocated it to a closet close by, but it would have been cramped and windowless. We could also have combined the tub and shower and put the toilet up one end or other.

The toilet location was the biggest challenge with the width of the room, but there's a door and we close it while using the toilet, so it doesn't really matter where it is.

• hobokenkitchen
    Original Author
    11 years ago

If you had a more normal tub you might be able to tuck the toilet between the vanity and tub if you didn't want to see it?

We bought the best looking 'throne' we could find (Toto Soirée) and it's out there bold and proud! In fact this week it will have a chandelier above it, so far from trying to hide it, it's going to be a feature.
    ; )

• liveinseattle
    11 years ago

Very impressive bathroom. I wonder what trim around window? Tile or wood? Trim looks like flash with tile. Would love to see finished room.