Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would you put your speed oven in an island?

Posted by Pattyjill (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 22, 13 at 17:07

I'm trying to figure out where to put my Advantium or whatever speed oven I decide on. I've seen a few pix of the oven in islands and wonder if its works out ok or awkward. Any thoughts? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would you put your speed oven in an island?

Advantiums are not approved for undercounter installation.

o

Unless you have the 120 volt Advantium, I don't think, with the exception of the Miele, that any of the 220 volt speed ovens are approved for under counter, (Island) installations.

To Me, the best place for Islands are in the Pacific!

Gary

o

I have an Advantium 240 - but not in an island.
I don't think I would like having to bend down to use the controls but that is my personal opinion.
BTW - love my Advantium - It came down to the Elux, Miele, and the Advantium.

o

I have a Miele speed oven on my island, and I don't think this is the optimal situation for most people. Since I have both a conventional oven and a steam oven, the speed oven is really a luxury, and it isn't something I use every day.

For me, it's fine, and I am really comfortable with bending down to use it. However, I suspect that others would find this problematic if using the oven heavily, especially as a microwave and you're bending down for a few seconds at a time in 60 second bursts.

There were other things I didn't want to give up, and I thought long and hard about the location. Be sure you're prepared for the bending, especially if you have kids and may be re-heating lots of times per day.

o

my miele speed oven is in the island. I don't mind it all all. My steam oven is in the island too. No complaints.

(sorry about the green water in the vase, ick. I changed it after I took this pic when I realized how it looked in the pic. However the clean-water-pic doesn't show the oven as well!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here