Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
question about carpet remnants , did post on flooring

Posted by sarina (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 17:05

I posted over there but got one response . I was wondering f when I move in to my new home it will have a hardwood great room and to buy and big size nice rug will cost 2k to 3 k from what I have seen. Do people still use carpet remnants they have bound in large sizes to use as area rug? I was thinking I could do that until I save up to get a rug. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: question about carpet remnants , did post on flooring

My Mom did, just a couple of years ago. It wasn't a big piece, but it was definitely a remnant.

Years ago we got a beautiful wool rug for our dining room - at Sam's Club, of all places. I wish I had gotten another one just like it for the living room. After 10 years it still looks brand new.

o

I chose a fairly inexpensive carpet (not a remnant) to go over the cork floor in my basement family room and had it edged. I think it was something like 1.25 a linear ft to have it edged.

I didn't want a big investment because this room gets a lot of wear and tear frm kids.

I would think any carpet place can get a rug edged for you. And don't limit yourself to remnants.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

I've done this in the past and plan on doing this again for a dining room. I think I paid the local carpet store around $2.00 a running foot.

o

Thank all :)

o

We did this to create a custom shaped rug for our entryway in previous home - wanted it to run into the coat closet to protect the floor from dirty shoes. It looked great and was very cheap.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here