Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris45ny

Juno lights with wheat haze trim finished-pics included

chris45ny
14 years ago

DH has finished the recessed lighting in our kitchen.. Used 5" Juno cans (IC20R) with the wheat haze tim/white outer ring and long neck 50 watt halogen floods. There are 9 cans plus existing recessed light over the sink. There is a TON of light in the kitchen with the lights on. DH very proud of his install as he is not an electrician-no shadows over the counters. Repairing ceiling where old fixture had been was not impossible-doesn't look like hole was ever there. Still have to install dimmer switch. Thanks to remodelfla for her earlier thread on recessed lights and everyone else here who have helped with info/advice. Here are some pics.

Before picture of kitchen with old light fixture.

New recessed lights-off.

New recessed lights on.

Comments (9)

• pinch_me
    14 years ago

Did you wire them to be all on and all off or did you do it in sections?
    The stove and fridge have traded places?

Is that the stove you are selling? I WANT IT! Where would half way put us? Ohio?

• remodelfla
    14 years ago

OH! I am excited! They look great and I have and am awaiting installation of the exact same thing. I'm so glad it worked out so well for you

• chris45ny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

One switch for over the sink. The other two switches control the rest.

Remodelfla-your thread was the clincher for me as to what I wanted so thanks again and hope your lights turn out great.

Stove and refrigerator did trade spaces-that's the location for the new ones to be delivered in April. We already have the micro and hood.

Pinch me-Wish you lived closer as would love to be able to help you out with your appliance problem but,alas, I live outside of Buffalo, NY and that's a LONG way from you. Can't believe you can't find anything out by you?? I really hate to get rid of these appliances as they work like a dream but getting stainless to coordinate with "new" kitchen. I have a feeling I'm going to regret this as I've read so many horror stories about problems people are having with new or fairly new appliances. BTW love what you have done with your kitchen space!!

• pudgybaby
    14 years ago

Your lights look great! And I am please to hear that you have plenty of light, now that everything is completed.

We are still deciding what cans to use (206 or 216, also looking at LED, but they are very pricey).

Congrats on how well those turned out!

• chris45ny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

pudgybaby-Forgot to say that the trim we put in is the 206WHZ-WH. With all the lights on, the kitchen has more light than before-it really is a lot of light.

• pinch_me
    14 years ago

-I have a feeling I'm going to regret this as I've read so many horror stories about problems people are having with new or fairly new appliances.-

My reasoning for wanting something simple. On. Off. Who needs Star Wars?

• boxerpups
    14 years ago

I love them.
    Great work!!!
    ~boxer

Ps. and those cute Feng Shui red tassels along the
    window. Lovely... Red fan here.

• chris45ny
    Original Author
    14 years ago

boxer-You have made my day. Got those tassels while on a trip to China. Each one has a special memory of a city or temple visited. I thought everyone would think they looked out of place but I can't bear to not have them there so THANK YOU for your comment!!

• swspitfire
    14 years ago

Looks great. Thanks for posting. I hope mine look half as good!