Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peel & Stick Granitte

Posted by mom2tykel (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 6, 11 at 16:43

While G**gling for stainless steel backsplash sheets or shelving I came upon this site. I would have to read the reviews first, here on GW, of course. ~Jenn

Peel & Stick Granite:

I have seen the stainless version before on HGTV shows and would consider it:

Here is a link that might be useful: Peel & Stick Granite

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peel & Stick Granitte

It looks neat but I wonder about durability. Somebody not know any better my set a hot pan on it.

I could see using it in a laundry room, or for a desktop though.

o

Not sure, but that looks like contact paper, shelf liner. I'd go with the stainless.

o

Does anyone know where to purchase the stainless version?

o

Is it very durable? I think it would get nicked by utensils and the like.

Thanks for sharing, it's very interesting.

o
Peel & Stick Stainless

dianalo, I think both the granite and stainless rollls can be ordered through that website. I didn't see it at first, you have to scroll down toward the bottom.

Now that I've seen the stainless version, I think this is a good, affordable solution if you're short on cash.

The granite is a bit too speckly for my taste. The nickel stainless is pretty...

o

Imagine this in an Airstream trailer!

Looks like there are at least two "stone" patterns, one with very large grain. The smaller grain might work for rehab for lake cabins, etc. where the scale of the countertops could not tolerate the big pattern. Or just go for the "stainless."

We have a beat-up section in our camper trailer where the "wood" is peeling off. I could just turn it into a different faux substance instead of trying to reglue parts and fill in the gaps with Old English polish.

I wonder if it would stick to the weathered wooden wings on an outdoor grill. For $20 or so I could have a good time finding out.

o

Florantha, you're brilliant!

I can paper my Apache in faux stainless and call it an Airstream!! :p

o

fori, you go girl!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here