Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchen renovation what to do with space?

Posted by Jonif (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 16:42

We are in the middle of doing our kitchen. I just dont like the way the counter looks above the heater. Cant put cabinets there. Any good ideas how to work this area? On the pic the dishwasher will be on left,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchen renovation what to do with space?

Right now you don't have a counter above the cabinet that surrounds the radiator. Are you putting a solid countertop there, or leaving some kind of grill in part of the countertop for the heat to escape? Once everything else is in place, you will probably have one or two stools sitting in front of the radiator and you won't notice it so much. Right now, the cabs and the radiator are the only things to look at.

Wait a minute. "On the pic the dishwasher will be on left," you said. You are not putting a dishwasher in front of the radiator, are you?

o

MY SEAT!!

Seriously, that is where I'm going to be every time I'm at your house. Goodbye space heater!

Nancy is correct--put a stool or two there and it won't look weird at all. Can you paint the radiator cabinet color? Or even put a decorative grate in front of it that fills the entire space?

Or is the radiator not what's bugging you at all?

o

What's the floor going to be under there? One thing that came to mind (unless you already have it planned elsewhere) is to put your recyling bins in that space. They could be lower ones that still left room for heat escape.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here