Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Leathered granite- any problems rolling out dough?

Posted by kam76 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 16:34

Just wondering if anyone that has leathered granite has noticed any problems with rolling out dough (pie dough/biscuits etc) because it is not a completely flat surface. Also any issues with cleaning, crumbs sticking etc. I'd love to see pictures of your leathered granite as my supplier only had one to look at and I am not sure it is an accurate representation

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Leathered granite- any problems rolling out dough?

No problem with rolling out dough at all. Here's the only problem - if you have a light granite it's sometimes hard to see for cleaning purposes. But it's not because the dough is stuck in deep craters - it's only because it's the same color!

Have you tried running your hand across the leathered surface? Mine is smooth as a baby's bottom.

photo Countertop.jpg

o

Here is a super close-up of my leathered cambrian black... you can see that, although there are "dimples", it's perfectly smooth (i.e., no rough spots for things to get caught in.) As jerzeegirl says, it's just like a baby's bottom: dimpled, but smooth.

Since mine was black, it didn't hide dough. The only way that the dimples ever affected me was if I was writing on a single sheet of paper on the counter, then the writing was a bit wobbly looking, so I always had something under whatever I was writing on. (But I would do this with a polished granite too, because I like the paper to be a bit "softer" when I write.)

photo P1000192.jpg

photo IMG_4431.jpg

o

Thanks for the info ladies! Jerzeegirl what kind of granite is yours? Both are beautiful.

o

Mine is Typhoon Bordeaux light.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here