Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mnexlurker

anyone order from amerock.com/knobs 4 less?

MNexlurker
11 years ago

Has anyone ordered online from amerock.com/knobs 4 less?

Found what we like from Amerock . We have been all over the place with black, satin nickel and back again. After painting our old floor to ceiling built in pantry and putting the old latch hardware back on. We liked how the dark looked against the Behr silky white. For the rest of the galley/ L shape kitchen I wanted to use pulls horizontally on doors and drawers as seen on here by a fellow GWer. Sorry I don't remember who.

DH finally looked with me and really liked how the black bronze looked similar to our latch type hardware in color .Unfortunately the ones we chose don't have longer pulls over 6 inch except in appliance pulls, not going there. so the look I wanted will not be.

After searching the internet I found the best price from Amerock/knobs 4less. And knew my fellow GWers would know if customer service, quality etc. is top notch. Has anyone bought from them and any information is greatly appreciated.

Comments (9)

• wi-sailorgirl
    11 years ago

Yep ... I did for our master bedroom built-ins (a couple years ago). No problems at all and in fact knobs4less is usually the first place I look for hardware now.

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

I ordered samples from them. My Amerock samples may have come from them. All my pulls are installed horizontally. Could it be my kitchen you remember?

• MNexlurker
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks sailor girl and breezy.
    Yes, breezy I believe it was you. I still plan on doing all pulls horizontal just not a single one on drawers like I wanted.-sad face.
    I found glass look knobs on clearance today which will work on my very upper glass cabinets. They will be only used for decorative items so seldom opened.
    I'm off tomorrow so IF not painting prepping 57 doors. I will figure out which sizes I need and order.

• Jolivia2
    11 years ago

Yes, I ordered 90% of my kitchen hardware from Knobs4Less. Wonderful service and great pricing...would use them again in a heartbeat. We were "off count" by one handle and they shipped an extra, free of charge, if I recall.

Don't hesitate at all....

• breezygirl
    11 years ago

Wow! You're painting your cabs? I did that back in 1999. It's so much work, but very satisfying in the end as big accomplishment. Post pics, please!

• kirkhall
    11 years ago

Ditto above. No problems with my knobs4less purchase just this past fall.

• janealexa
    11 years ago

I ordered from knobs4less as well, great customer service.

• MNexlurker
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks ladies! I feel very comfortable placing an order. The nephew who built our cabinets gave me a hardware book. He may be able to get a bit of discount through his boss contractor license, but doubtful as good deal as from knobs 4 less will know soon. He comes to install bases , uppers minus the doors of course tomorrow.

The kitchen is 99% DYI total kitchen gut job. We ARE crazy painting our cabinets ourselves. I had contacted an auto body shop we have done business with and a co owner is a HS friend of our daughters. But the unusual icy winter weather this year in MN up to the recent snow storms they have had an unusual amount of body work along with the nephew was concerned about the fixes of the usual dings etc. of finishes when installing. Even though the DH has not voiced it I think he know wishes otherwise.

We have hired a bit of the electrical done this old house has knob and tube could not tell which was hot! and needed an upgrade to 200. Install and mudding of drywall, granite and backsplash and cabinets the rest has been/will be on us.

Demo, insulating, painting walls, rest of electrical,- outlets, plugmold, stripping, re staining and poly floor, ceiling which will have tin ceiling tiles, painting cabinets bases, uppers ,18 drawers, and the doors, plumbing, gas line,
    etc.
    I am getting more kitchen than I would have otherwise!
    I have been taking photos not always when I should have and the lay out makes it difficult at times. Someday I will try and do a reveal just not too soon.

• Slappified
    11 years ago

I also ordered from them with no problem. Customer service was excellent, I even did the online chat thing with them late on a Sunday night and they were available. One thing to keep in mind is that shipping is very slow and it took about two weeks to get my order. I didn't do the direct knobs for less website but their other/sister site amerockforless or whatever it was which was a little cheaper.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz