Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please review layout

Posted by renovatesue (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 16:19

Hi everyone on this site is so smart. Please let me know your thoughts on my layout.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please review layout

why don't you use the kitchen side of the T wall between the doorways on the left. 15 in depth/ with base cabinet/counter and some cabinet or shelves on the wall.Really useful. If you're not opening the living spaces on left to the kitchen, I'd at least use that wall for something. ....it looks like 36 in available-don't waste that.Move the fridge to the right and you could make this a little deeper- 21 inches perhaps with 2 stools for episodic casual use. Is this a traditional home where the walls are staying intact as opposed to opening it up?

o

Can you label the adjoining spaces. Is this your existing layout? What do you like and dislike?

o

I would flip the DW and trash. You want the trash between the sink and range. Then you can make the 9" a 15 inch and the 27 on the other side a 21".

o

Not knowing the adjacent rooms and their functions, here is one idea that might help your thinking.

Have you tried moving the stove run over where you now have the fridge, and moving fridge to the current stove wall. I mention it because it would give you two possibilites, one for improved upper cabinet symmetry on the stove wall, and then you could pull out a long penninsula from that small "T" wall on the left. On the penninsula, you could put a prep sink almost directly behind the new stove location, and that would separate your prep and cleanup zones nicely. It would also give you several square feet of countertop workspace in a central location.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here