Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kimkss

Graphite metallic gray appliances

kimkss
16 years ago

Hi everyone! Has anyone purchased a graphite metallic gray appliance? I saw them for the first time recently and thought they looked very nice. If so, any pics? I'm curious.

Comments (4)

• tetrazzini
    16 years ago

Sorry, no. But I saw a picture in a magazine of a graphite Subzero frig and did a double take to figure out if it really was the color it seemed. I think it looked great! If I were in the market for a frig in that price range, it'd be the easiest decision I'd have to make.

• lightlystarched
    16 years ago

They are cool looking, aren't they? I hope someone soon uses them so we can see how they look irl. Or, as "real-life" as garden web is, lol.

• rgillman
    16 years ago

There is nothing new under the sun. I think this color is great! In 1984, when we redid our kitchen in the other house, we put in glossy grey frameless cabinets and were beyond ecstatic to find that both Whirlpool and GE made glossy grey fridges. We had to take the GE because the other one was too tall for our cabinets. We LOVED that color and were sorry to leave it when we moved. Incidentally, that was the only year they made grey. Today's graphite looks somewhat deeper and darker than the grey we had, but it is merely a replay 25 years later. I guess they figured that it would appeal to those who didn't want stainless but wanted a rich, neutral look.

Incidentally, we are doing our kitchen and so far the stainless oven and icemaker are in (not connected) and my husband LOVES them. I have to agree - no regrets here on the stainless. It's new to me after 12 years of barfy almond.

• Amber Matas
    2 years ago

A whole decade later and I’m holding my breathe that the Matte Graphite isn’t the color pictured above. 2021 and I went sight unseen with what was in stock. I’m praying to the appliance gods that Matte Graphite is just a matte black. Because gloss black will be delivered two Sundays after hell freezes over twice on a leap year. May the Design Fairies bless your projects.