Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
exciting news for kitchen reno!

Posted by ali80ca (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 25, 13 at 15:55

I have a kitchen that is 19.5 ft by 22 ft or so. A corner of it is taken up by what used to be a bathroom (4.5 x 7.5) and another corner is taken up by a laundry room. I had my contractor out today and asked if it was possible to remove the wall that enclosed the old bathroom. He said it is possible which is so exciting!! Now I have a big open room to work with. Totally changes what we were planning on doing in the space, but I think it will be a very good change. Demo is coming along fine, not too much more lath and plaster to go. Big happy dance! Just wanted to share.

Alison

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: exciting news for kitchen reno!

Congratulations! Good luck with your new designs!

o

Thanks annkh :) I am looking forward to the process and the end result!

o

Way cool! Have fun planning!!! Looking forward to your progress.

o

beginning stages. One of the walls that is being removed, other is hidden behind pantry. Excuse the mess...nowhere to put all the stuff!

o

Work of art dropped ceiling that is going to be removed. Those large 2x4's are held up by pieces of trim. It does not fill me with confidence! Windows are going to be enlarged and made as tall as they originally were. The kitchen is a picture of beauty at the moment!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here