Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roo514_gw

Vizag Blue granite

roo514
10 years ago

Does anyone know anything about the durability of Vizag Blue granite? I think it passes the glass bottle scratch test (I looked at and tested a lot of stones that day) and I couldn't bring home a sample to try the lemon/etch test. I can't find info about porosity.

Also, I'd love to see it installed on white cabinets so please post pics if you have any!

The attached pic (if I uploaded it correctly) is the slab I saw.

Comments (6)

• fishymom
    10 years ago

I know nothing about it, but it is very pretty!

• fishymom
    10 years ago

I am bumping this because my unhelpful comment on this beautiful stone dropped it from the top before others that might be able to provide useful information had a chance to see it. Sorry roo514, it is a gorgeous stone, hopefully someone can give you the info you need.

• Lisa
    10 years ago

fishymom, I thought comments with the most recent comments stay at the top?

Sorry, I have never heard of this stone but it is very pretty and I think it would look GREAT on white cabinets.

• gr8daygw
    10 years ago

I really love that, it's a pretty color and soft. One thing I wish I could relate to people is that don't get too carried away with doing scratch and stain tests. It's likely that you won't ever have the degree of abuse that home testing will show. I really messed up doing that. When we built our house I had a choice of granite or Corian and chose some ugly Corian because at the time there wasn't very much to choose from and frankly the color did not even go with my cabinets. The whole reason was because I was doing all these tests on granite and beating it up etc. and it scratched and I thought it would be a hard keeper. Fast forward 15 years hating that Corian "look" mostly due to the off color that clashed with the cabs and I finally got the granite. The Corian scratches too though you can buff it out, Corian is a nice surface, not bashing it, just I didn't pick the right color and it wasn't what I really wanted. The granite does not scratch in an unseemly way, though it does scratch with hard abuse, it is just as durable as anything else and I do not baby it one bit. At first I was paranoid from reading all the posts about this that and the other thing and then I just stopped worrying about it. Granite is everywhere in restaurants, airport bathrooms, tombstones and places that get more abuse than we could ever imagine doing in our kitchen. I figured if they feel confident to put it there then why should I worry about it? Marble could be a different story but as far as granite is concerned, don't over worry about it's durability and not choose something you love.

• fishymom
    10 years ago

lcskaisgir, yes, the most recent comments move to the top of the page, which is why I bumped it. But topics with no comments stay at the top until there is a comment. This forum moves so quickly sometimes that once I commented, the post quickly dropped to the second page. I felt bad that my comment on how pretty the stone was dropped the post from the "pinned" position at the top, where people who may actually be able to help could see it.

• roo514
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I had never heard of this stone nor have I been able to find much info on it. I definitely appreciate the opinions on the looks. It wasn't quite what I've been searching for but it's a top contender now.

Gr8tday - agreed. It's very easy to get carried away testing stones and I think this particular slab will hide any imperfections pretty well.

And thanks for the bump, fishymom!