Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slo66_gw

Jaclo Steam Valve Wall Mount Faucet..anyone have one??

SLO66
11 years ago

HI..new to these boards/forums and have a question. Anyone out there have a Jaclo steam valve wall mount faucet? If so, do you like it? love it? We are in the throes of remodeling our kitchen and purchased a Kohler Hi-rise with the matching seperate side sprayer. Husband wanted a sprayer, I wanted a wall mount faucet with cross handles. We couldn't find anything that we liked, so we went with the Kohler Hi-rise wall mount but I didn't get my cross handles. Now I find the Jaclo faucet and I love it. Has a unique look and a mix of modern and vintage in the style. BUT I can't find any reviews on one anywhere! Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you have one does the hose get dirty looking? is the hose easy to use? I need to make a decision ASAP before granite gets installed. THANKS!

This post was edited by SLO66 on Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 15:49

Comments (14)

• friedajune
    11 years ago

Theresse has it - if you do a search on this forum for her threads you should find discussion.

Theresse discussing her Jaclo with links

Thread about pull-down high-arc faucets

• SLO66
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thank you!

• willabryn
    11 years ago

SLO66 - I too am considering the wall-mounted Jaclo and wondered how Theresse liked hers after using it for the past couple years. And if anyone else has one, their input would be appreciated.
    Let us know if you get it and how you like it!

• SLO66
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Willabryn, I couldn't wait for feedback so I took the plunge and ordered it last night. Grante guys are coming tomorrow, so decision had to be made ASAP. I bought the 15" opposed to the 10" height, eeks! Hope it's not too tall! but I think it will look great over our large farm house sink. I also got the matching pot filler! So, I will let you know how I like it when it arrives!
    Thanks

• willabryn
    11 years ago

I'm excited for you. Can I ask where you ordered from? I just can't bring myself to get any other faucet yet because this one is just calling out to me, but I'm also trying to find the best price. The pot filler looks cool too.
    How big is your sink? I have a double-drain board cast iron sink and don't think I can live without a sprayer, and this is the only wall-mount faucet/sprayer I've found. Plus I love how it looks.
    Please post pictures as soon as you can!

• SLO66
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Willabryn, I ordered from a place called QualityBath, on line. I live in a small town, not a lot of selection around, where I can go in and order. Have to do it online. I got the faucet and pot filler 20% off, so it came to about $1650 for both pieces. I have a 30" Kohler Whitehaven farmstyle sink with a tall apron front. I looked high and low for wall mounts with a sprayer and this is the only one I could find with one that was built in. We originally had purchased the Kohler Hi-Rise with the seperate side sprayer, but it just wasn't doing it for me. I fell in love with the unique look of the Jaclo! I will post pics when I get it!

• willabryn
    11 years ago

SLO66, Thanks so much! I'll check them out.

• sleepypagr
    10 years ago

Anyone have any thoughts on ordering it without the sprayer? I'm being shallow - looks over function, but am asking myself if I really need that sprayer? Quality Bath has a sale ending tomorrow morning -- wondering how often these go on sale or if that is a ruse to make me make a decision?

• willabryn
    10 years ago

I would take my time and make sure that's what you want. They seem to go on sale about every 6 or 8 weeks.

• willabryn
    10 years ago

Theresse - Thanks for the follow up on your faucet. I remember when you got it and was curious on how well you like it. Do you like the handles you chose? Are they holding up well? I wondered about them wearing or chipping and was leaning towards the metal handles. Great photo too. It looks like you and your family are really enjoying your beautiful new kitchen.

• theresse
    10 years ago

Hi willabryn -

Yes I love the faucet, though one of the handles is a little loose - as in you can turn the white part around and around some of the time and other times it tightens as it should, as in righty tighty. I'm sure there's a somewhat easy fix to this but I've never looked into it. It works well and I still love the look of it. It's practical to have the levers vs. the wheels but I if it weren't I'd probably love the funkiness of the wheels. The white porcelain (?) of the levers won't be chipped - it's very good quality and yes I still like the look of them much more than if I'd gotten plain stainless. Black might look nice too. :) When I first got it we had an issue with water not flowing strongly enough but Jaclo sent me a new part and it worked great after that. They seem to have good customer service. I'm told it was a rare fluke - that they're usually in excellent working order from the get go (who knows). And I love how easy it is to wipe behind the sink, having a wall-mounted faucet yet with the convenience of popping out the hose and spraying down the sink or filling a coffee well next to the sink. Hope that helps!

• theresse
    10 years ago

Hi willabryn -

Yes I love the faucet, though one of the handles is a little loose - as in you can turn the white part around and around some of the time and other times it tightens as it should, as in righty tighty. I'm sure there's a somewhat easy fix to this but I've never looked into it. It works well and I still love the look of it. It's practical to have the levers vs. the wheels but I if it weren't I'd probably love the funkiness of the wheels. The white porcelain (?) of the levers won't be chipped - it's very good quality and yes I still like the look of them much more than if I'd gotten plain stainless. Black might look nice too. :) When I first got it we had an issue with water not flowing strongly enough but Jaclo sent me a new part and it worked great after that. They seem to have good customer service. I'm told it was a rare fluke - that they're usually in excellent working order from the get go (who knows). And I love how easy it is to wipe behind the sink, having a wall-mounted faucet yet with the convenience of popping out the hose and spraying down the sink or filling a coffee well next to the sink. Hope that helps!

• willabryn
    10 years ago

Thanks, theresse! I'm glad to hear they have good customer service and you've convinced me that's the faucet for me!