Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mary_in_nc

Show me your Gadget Drawer

mary_in_nc
16 years ago

So you all have shared how you have so neatly organized your spice drawers and your dish and glass drawers. I need help! Show me how you have organized your gadget drawer! My current drawer is a black hole! I need ideas for my new kitchen!

Comments (19)

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

Here are some of mine:

• grannysmith18
    16 years ago

Cat Mom - how deep (I guess I mean high - up and down) are your gadget drawers? And are your dividers after market, or did you have them built in when you bought your cabinets?

I just love your kitchen more every time. Now I'm loving the insides.

• nicole__
    16 years ago

{{!gwi}}

This is a cheap insert that Home Depot sells.

Here is a link that might be useful: Home Depot drawer organizer

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

The inside height is 3 and 3/4" high. The wood insert in the first pic was made by our cab manufacturer--it took forever for me to finally work on the layout/dimensions, let alone actually make a decision! Finally did so with some help from our cab installer and our KD.

The clear plastic ones in the second pic are individual organizer "thingies" that I picked up in BB&B and The Container Store (I linked The Container Store page below).

Thank you so much for the kind words!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: drawer organizers

• mary_in_nc
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Anyone else want to show off their tidy gadget drawer?

• 3katz4me
    16 years ago

Aside from dividers in my silverware drawer and the utensil drawer under my cooktop, I don't have anything special. I just have enough space now that everything isn't piled up on top of everything else. Part of that is the new kitchen - part of it was throwing away all the crap I had in the old one that I really didn't need and/or didn't use.

• coleen3201118
    16 years ago

cat mom - I am envious of your organizational skills!

• cat_mom
    16 years ago

Let's just say I was quite determined that it start out that way, and that it remains that way!!! If you saw the rest of this house you'd know why!!! LOL!

• mc_hudd
    16 years ago

I am going to divide my kitchen drawers into sections when we move. I bought some divider "holders" from the internet (link) then went to my local hardware store & found perfect little pieces of wood that just slide into them... You'll have to look @ the link to understand me... LOL. I think they are reasonably priced, even considering the price of the wood pieces, and they look better than plastic dividers IMO. Hope this helps. :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Drawer Dividers

• arleneb
    16 years ago

Mc_Hudd, thanks so much for that link. I get LV catalogs but never noticed those gadgets. I want to make my dividers almost full depth -- just a whisker under 3" -- and haven't found anything perfect. This just may be it! I'm going to order a couple packages and play with them in this kitchen so I'll know just what I want to do in the new one!

• gssh
    16 years ago

Off subject: How do you include photos in your posting?

• borngrace
    16 years ago

The only way I know how to do is to load them into a photobucket account. Then click on third line down under picture in photobucket album and copy and paste it into the body of your message. You can see on preview whether it works or not.

• mary_in_nc
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for all your responses. Hopefully I can be more organized in my new kitchen. Demolition starts today! Yippeeeee!

Gssh, regarding how to insert a photo, I copied this from another thread:

How to download a picture:

1. Open a free account at Photobucket.com or a similar 'storage site'.

2. Move pictures off your hard drive or camera by first clicking "Browse" and finding your picture on your computer. Click on the picture then click "open". This will take you back to Photobucket. Click 'download'

3. Once the pictures are there in Photobucket, do the Happydance part 1.

4. Select and resize a picture, by clicking on 'edit' above the picture, then 'resize', then 'website' for medium or 'message board' for large. (skip this step and your picture will post giant and make everyone reading the thread have to scroll to the right forever. Not cool.)

5. Under your picture, find and copy the HTML tag in the box marked HTML (looks like >ahref =...).

6. Back at your post, copy that tag right into the body of your message.

7. Check the preview to besure the picture is there and sized OK. Do the happy dance part 2.

• janwad
    16 years ago

What finally made organization possible for me was pulling all the big stuff out and putting it in a crock on the counter. After that, dividers work fine.

• lynninnewmexico
    16 years ago

Here's my prep drawer bank. Love them!
    {{!gwi}}
    This is the top drawer there. The second drawer holds my smaller measuring cups, various sized prep dishes, funnels, juicer, shredder, chopper, etc. 3rd drawer holds all my ziploc bags, foil, waxed paper, etc. 4th drawer is deeper and holds salad spinner, colanders, etc.:
    {{!gwi}}
    And, here's my cooking gadget drawer under the cooktop. It's very shallow, but I figured some storage there is better than no storage there:
    {{!gwi}}

• amsunshine
    16 years ago

Here are mine with just the plastic expandable organizers from Container Store:

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

And I still have a disorganized baking drawer, but at least with cushy cupboards, everything isn't rolling around in there!
    {{!gwi}}

• sail_away
    16 years ago

If not too much trouble, could those of you who have posted photos tell us how wide those drawers are? Thanks.

• mc_hudd
    16 years ago

Hosta~ You're very welcome... Glad I could be of some assistance! :)

Gssh~ This is how I post pics, I copied this from another post:

1. your pictures need to be in your file
      2. go to Tinypic.com (this is free)
      3. Where it says "Upload", click on "browse." That will take you to your pictures
      4. Double click on the picture that you want to post
      5. Go down a little bit and click on "Upload Image"
      6. Go to where it says "HTML." Copy that whole line and paste it where you want it on your post
      7. Only that line will show up until you click "preview your message"
  • mrs_tlc
    16 years ago

Here's one of our gadget drawers. I love these wire mesh baskets we got at BB&B