Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

What's the easiest element to change?

crl_
10 years ago

I'm in the very early stages of planning a kitchen remodel. I have done two before, and loved the outcomes both times. This go-around we are in what I hope will be our last home and I hope we will live here for thirty or more years. I don't want to remodel the kitchen more than once.

But I'm imagining that it might be nice to be able change out one element at some point in that time to refresh the space. And it seems like it might make some sense to have that element be the eye-catcher with everything else fairly simple and neutral.

I like painted cabinets a lot. So one possibility would be to have neutral counters (for example, one of the grey soapstones or one of the white quartz choices) and a simple neutral backsplash (for example, white ceramic tile) with cabinets painted a color (for example, blue).

Another possibility would be to do white cabinets, grey soapstone and a fabulous eye catching backsplash.

So then I started thinking what would be the easiest element to change? Repainting cabinets is pretty feasible. A new backsplash seems like it would be doable, though maybe a bit more complicated because you'd have to repair the wall behind it as well as installing the new one, right? Maybe there's something else I'm not thinking of?

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Comments (3)