Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
will2kz_gw

Kitchen stadium build (not for the faint at heart)

will2kz
11 years ago

Please disregard this post. I've been instructed to remake it for the good of the community at large.

This post was edited by will2kz on Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 18:56

Comments (33)

• aliceinjersey
    11 years ago

I'm hooked....show me the remedy...show me the remedy!

• Yvonne B
    11 years ago

Waiting with baited breath... (yes, I admit it does look lovely, but once you pointed out the flaws...)

• idrive65
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness, what a tease!

• lafacia
    11 years ago

Can't wait to see what you did!!!

• HammerMom
    11 years ago

...anticipation...

• Bunny
    11 years ago

Looking forward to the remedy post and praying it doesn't take eons to load like this one. :)

• beekeeperswife
    11 years ago

wow. this will be interesting. great post.

However, it makes ME want to have a party for 70 people now. I better get my plexiglass sheets back out for the island...

• liriodendron
    11 years ago

Suggestion: Please re-edit make the images lighter and smaller (especially the befores) because your thread isn't downloading in any reseaonable time because of the size of the image files.

A tried and true photo hosting site is Photobucket. Livefilestore can be a problem.

if you really want to post tons of images, provide a few here and a link to Photobucket for the rest. Otherwise you make your thread unviewable by a lot of people.

Thankfully you can't post any video here. The site would grind to a halt, if you could.

L.

• weedmeister
    11 years ago

My first look without reading was, "that's pretty but....". I think that kitchen has less counter space than mine. And I'll bet my house is less than half the size.

That looks like the ClosetMaid shelving I have. If you use the wire shelves (the close-spaced ones for pantries), they hook onto the horizontal supports and won't flip out.

And what the heck is that AC vent pipe doing going across the floor???

• will2kz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ditto

This post was edited by will2kz on Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 18:58

• will2kz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Correction I do have a way to batch resize through adobe bridge and photoshop, thanks google and random Adobe know it all.
    Let me know if it is still slow to load, each image now much smaller. I've got a lot to go. Making links to albums may also happen as I get better at this.

• Bunny
    11 years ago

Yep, way too slow. Some of the photos reload every freaking time I view the thread.

• debrak_2008
    11 years ago

took me a long time to load and I have quantum fios

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

What, no reveal? Unfair!!! Hang on y'all, maybe I can find this on Hulu Plus or Netflix....

This post was edited by oldbat2be on Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 19:34

• catbuilder
    11 years ago

PLEASE post your photos here, and don't link to another site. I never go to those links, because you never know what's there. Plus they always disappear at some point.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Nada, curses.

OK I'll play. I think the second hall was omitted and the kitchen space greatly expanded.

Other guesses....?

• Bunny
    11 years ago

I'd love to see some photos of the results, but not entire albums that take all day to load.

ETA: The 7th photo from the top is 5.5 MB.

This post was edited by linelle on Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 19:47

• will2kz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

removed

This post was edited by will2kz on Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 18:59

• lazy_gardens
    11 years ago

That was a pantry?

BTW, irfanview can do a batch resize for you. It's free from irfanview.com

• will2kz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

please see future thread

This post was edited by will2kz on Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 19:00

• will2kz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Again, see future thread

This post was edited by will2kz on Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 19:01

• darbuka
    11 years ago

You do know how to spin a good yarn. I was hooked from the outset

And, wow...that IS one gorgeous rock!

Looking forward to viewing the final chapter...

• ali80ca
    11 years ago

I have looked at Legrand Adorne also, would like to hear if they are awkward to plug into. Comments about them??
    Space seems much more user friendly now.

• will2kz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Do you have a Menards nearby? They are a dealer and have a nice display of those in their stores. You get to try all their switches and can sure try out the plugs if you want. I sort of don't like these plug molds if you plan to leave things plugged in permanently, as the wire will be more obvious. But if you don't, then maybe a good way to keep your backsplash clean and wire for lights at the same time.
    While the USB charger seems cool, there are oodles of similar solutions out there now. We shall put this to the test in my message center. I need at least 4 chargers there, kind of wishing they had a four USB unit....

• ali80ca
    11 years ago

Thanks will2kz, I will check them out next time I am down in the USA

• will2kz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ditto

This post was edited by will2kz on Tue, Apr 9, 13 at 18:57

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Will2kz- what a gorgeous sunny space! Congrats on the progress. Getting drywall up is a very happy milestone.

• will2kz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Looks like I broke the post. I have try to edit posts, and they preview fine, but the links look broken when they are not. Maybe I should trim down the prior pics, or start separate threads...

Cabinets arrived today! Floor is all repaired back to normal, so the cabinets should all be installed by the end of the week! Will be nice to see the layout and if it works as well as I hoped.... Of course it seems so nice and open now.

• liriodendron
    11 years ago

Oh gosh, this thread is back on the front page.

You wrote:

Looks like I broke the post. I have try to edit posts, and they preview fine, but the links look broken when they are not. Maybe I should trim down the prior pics, or start separate threads...

So you do know what the problems are..

If you truly want to engage with the community here, then you gotta get with the program.

Your kitchen(s) - even the old one you scorned so derisively - would probably be interesting to many here.

So, please, start a new thread (several of them, if necessary keep the image quantty manageable):

Fewer, much, much lighter pics. Use a link out to a photohost with thumbnail for 75% of what you appear to have posted above. Those with the inclination and band-width will go there. Those without will be able to at least get a taste.

Use a conventional photohost. Livefilestore is a problem because it appears to require d/l every time.

Don't use hotlinks that don't work; many people won't click on them anyway, for security reasons.

I'm sure many more people would appreciate, and comment, on your project if they could actually see it.

The question is whether you want to interact with us, or just use the site as platform to way to broadcast about your life. That's what Facebook and other social media sites of its ilk are for. This is a forum that cherishes interaction among participants.

I am sorry to be so blunt.

Hope that helps,

L

• will2kz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm sure sorry to have offended the community. I suppose my bandwidth isn't all that bad as I've looked from multiple computers now without significant issues.
    I will create a new, much simpler thread for this group.

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

No offense taken here. In fact, I've been looking forward to your updates this week. Waiting.....:).

Liriodendron - tad cranky here. I took the time to create a photoshop account and redo my reveal with linked pictures (due to your comments on this thread) and not a peep from you. Of course, that might well fall into the 'if you can't say anything nice' spectrum.:).... Certainly understandable. Just saying.

• kiko_gw
    11 years ago

Awww ... I remember reading your "before" post and couldn't wait to see after pics. I don't recall it taking that long to load but maybe I'm mistaken. Please share your pics when you have a chance. I'm eager to see your results.

• will2kz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No worries, folks. New link below

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to new thread

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus