Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ktwp_gw

Will SW Creamy work for my cabinets?

ktwp
11 years ago

I've decided to paint our cabinets white thanks to the help of some people on here. :) I'm having a hard time picking between SW Creamy and SW Alabaster. We are in the start up phase of building a house. Our fixtures will all be ORB. Our island will be stained antique brown. Our granite is Brazilian Gold like this pic:

Our backsplash will be durango travertine tile similar to this pic and will have some bronze inserts:

And our floors will be Ivory Porcelain like this pic:

Our wall colors are SW Kilim Beige:

We have an open concept plan with wood floors right off the kitchen that are birch driftwood antique bronze.

I'd really appreciate any input given on which white you think would look best with this combo or any other color changes I should make! :)

Comments (9)

• Sherrie Moore
    11 years ago

I think the SW Creamy or the SW Alabaster or even SW Dover White would work well. Looks like beautiful choices to me!!!

• Tmnca
    11 years ago

It looks like you have some pink and yellow undertones in the colors you have now. I would definitely recommend bringing the paint chips home and compare in your own light. Better still ask if they will make you a sample pot.

I recently decided to buy a gallon of White Dove (BM) based on tons of beautiful photos here and everyone seems to love it as a "soft white" for cabinets. But when I test painted it in my kitchen it looked sickly green-yellow and dingy! I ended up having to buy another gallon of paint in Simply White, which I ended up loving.

The moral of the story is that whites can have tricky undertones and the last thing you want with those colors is a greenish or grayish undertone. So do try the chips and samples!

With the right shade of white, that's going to be beautiful.

• ktwp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much guys! I went to Sherwin Wiliams this morning to get some advice but the poor guy working there was the only one there and the phone was ringing non stop and there were a lot of other customers there. I wasn't able to get much help, but did bring home some swatches and still having trouble picking. I'll go back this week and see if they can make me up some samples.

If my colors have pink and yellow undertones, does that mean I should choose a white with pink and yellow undertones?

• Tmnca
    11 years ago

I am not a color expert but yes I would stick to similar undertones.

• Sherrie Moore
    11 years ago

I have a SW color fan deck at home... and I have also painted a room in Kilim Beige SW 6106. I find it a very neutral beige. And with my fandeck either the alabaster of the creamy would work... but get a couple of sample cans check it out in you light. But wait isn't this a new build?

• ellendi
    11 years ago

I so agree with the above. Especially travertine, It can run pink instead of beige. You just don't know what lot your batch will be in. Some here have lovely light cream and beige toned travertine, others were very unhappy.
    When I was considering my BS, I was cautioned against it. Also, and not saying this to sway you, but travertine is currently on in favor and as popular as it was a few years back.

• ktwp
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I guess my next course of action will be to get a paint sample of each. Thanks again for your replies! :)

• HU-307017510
    2 years ago

I have painted my cabinets SW Creamy and the walls SW Navajo White and i love the neutral palette. My backslash is a creamy beige marble subway and my countertops are like Andromeda White/Creama Pearl. Floors are dark wood wide plank.

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions