Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sink brands, Krauss, Kohler or Blanco?? for stainless sink

Posted by geomeg (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 15:10

I know these topics get discussed so I apologize in advance...
I've spent the whole day looking at sinks online and I'm more confused than ever...

I can order Krauss online (I live in Canada), i've never seen any of their products in person.

Are Kohler or Blanco better products? I'm looking for a stainless undermount sink for a small cabinet (25" perhaps 27").

I found a brand called C-Tech as well, has anyone heard of them?

thank you

This post was edited by geomeg on Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 15:11

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sink brands, Krauss, Kohler or Blanco?? for stainless sink

I have a Kraus SS sink and I love it, but I think if you order a 16 or 18 gauge sink from Kohler or Blanco you can't go wrong. I don't recognize the name C-Tech. Look for a shape and size that works for you. Your sink will probably be 22-24" to fit in the size base you have to work with. Were I you, I'd find the best sink configuration that worked for me and not worry about "best." Any of the 3 will be good.

o

I bought a 16 gauge Ruvati sink from Overstock and I love it. Kohler or Blanco are good brands but most of their sinks are 18 or 20 gauges and their 16 gauge sinks have outrageous prices. I paid $250 for the Ruvati sink and I am very impressed by the quality.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ruvati sinks on Overstock.com

o

Thanks! I've driven myself nuts looking at sinks :(
The Krauss fits the cabinet in the plan as is of 25".
I have to buy it online though as I haven't found a store in my city that carries them (I'm in Canada).

o

I bought my Kraus sink from ExpressDecor and was pleased all around.

o

I also have a Kraus sink and so far so good. It was just installed, but I'm pleased with quality and my contractor was equally as impressed.

o

We bought our Kraus undermount stainless steel sink online. No problem. It came in good packaging. It's a good sink that will last a lifetime.

o

We have the Ruvati RVH7300 and we are quite happy with it. Very heavy and solid. We get lots of compliments.

o

I bought my Kraus from overstock.com. It's advertised as 16 gauge and the lower the gauge, the heavier and stronger the stainless. It's a great sink which comes with a grid. I had never had a grid before and I love the grid.

If I have any gripe, my minor gripe is that the slope to the drain could be a smidge sharper, but it's so minor, that I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I thought drain placement would be an issue, but because of the grid, it is a nonissue.

o

I am also buying a Kraus farmhouse apron front stainless steel sink. A friend just put one in her new build home and loves it. 16 gauge steel and really good prices. Just got mine from FaucetDirect.com

o

Krauss is made in China despite the German name. I have one in my laundry room. It came with a drain, grid and is the single bowl. It seems fine and looks nice. It was a little rough feeling when I got it but not anymore. Perhaps it had some sort of coating on it or something. The grid and drain seem a little on the cheap side but it is doing the job well so far and has been installed for about a year. It doesn't have that bling shine like a Franke would have but neither does it have the price. Sometimes you just don't need a $1000 sink!!! So far I am happy with it in every way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here