Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geomeg_gw

Sink brands, Krauss, Kohler or Blanco?? for stainless sink

geomeg
11 years ago

I know these topics get discussed so I apologize in advance...
I've spent the whole day looking at sinks online and I'm more confused than ever...

I can order Krauss online (I live in Canada), i've never seen any of their products in person.

Are Kohler or Blanco better products? I'm looking for a stainless undermount sink for a small cabinet (25" perhaps 27").

I found a brand called C-Tech as well, has anyone heard of them?

thank you

This post was edited by geomeg on Mon, Mar 4, 13 at 15:11

Comments (18)

• hunchtight
    11 years ago

I bought a 16 gauge Ruvati sink from Overstock and I love it. Kohler or Blanco are good brands but most of their sinks are 18 or 20 gauges and their 16 gauge sinks have outrageous prices. I paid $250 for the Ruvati sink and I am very impressed by the quality.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ruvati sinks on Overstock.com

• geomeg
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks! I've driven myself nuts looking at sinks :(
    The Krauss fits the cabinet in the plan as is of 25".
    I have to buy it online though as I haven't found a store in my city that carries them (I'm in Canada).

• suzanne_sl
    11 years ago

I bought my Kraus sink from ExpressDecor and was pleased all around.

• drybean
    11 years ago

I also have a Kraus sink and so far so good. It was just installed, but I'm pleased with quality and my contractor was equally as impressed.

• jmarie310
    11 years ago

We bought our Kraus undermount stainless steel sink online. No problem. It came in good packaging. It's a good sink that will last a lifetime.

• dennisforman
    11 years ago

We have the Ruvati RVH7300 and we are quite happy with it. Very heavy and solid. We get lots of compliments.

• westsider40
    11 years ago

I bought my Kraus from overstock.com. It's advertised as 16 gauge and the lower the gauge, the heavier and stronger the stainless. It's a great sink which comes with a grid. I had never had a grid before and I love the grid.

If I have any gripe, my minor gripe is that the slope to the drain could be a smidge sharper, but it's so minor, that I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. I thought drain placement would be an issue, but because of the grid, it is a nonissue.

• Sherrie Moore
    11 years ago

I am also buying a Kraus farmhouse apron front stainless steel sink. A friend just put one in her new build home and loves it. 16 gauge steel and really good prices. Just got mine from FaucetDirect.com

• gr8daygw
    11 years ago

Krauss is made in China despite the German name. I have one in my laundry room. It came with a drain, grid and is the single bowl. It seems fine and looks nice. It was a little rough feeling when I got it but not anymore. Perhaps it had some sort of coating on it or something. The grid and drain seem a little on the cheap side but it is doing the job well so far and has been installed for about a year. It doesn't have that bling shine like a Franke would have but neither does it have the price. Sometimes you just don't need a $1000 sink!!! So far I am happy with it in every way.

• gabethan
    9 years ago

Where is Blanco made?

• loyalandtrue
    9 years ago

I had never had a SS sink until about a month ago. I try to buy products made in the USA whenever possible so I bought an Elkay. It seems that no one ever mentions Elkay on here--hope that doesn't mean that it won't hold up well!
    For me, it is a little hard getting used to SS. I have always had a white cast iron sink so the sound and the color are taking some time to adjust to. My big regret is not getting a 10" deep sink.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    9 years ago

C-Tech makes an excellent sink.

• gabethan
    9 years ago

After going through gardenweb, it seems that people prefer Silgranit to the stainless steel ones. My concern is that the reviews for the 32" sinks for Kraus and Blanco are that they do not drain well. I am building a modern home and was about to order the Blanco 32" SS today, but I'm having second thoughts. Any recommendations?

• nadianyc
    9 years ago

Check out the Elkay, avado. It is made in America, a very modern undermount with 16 gauge and sound deadening.

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Ant feedback on Hahn sinks at Costco?

• musicgal
    9 years ago

Ordered one large Kraus and then a small one after I saw the quality. Very nice sinks came packaged like jewelry.

• musicgal
    9 years ago

Carpenter was impressed with the steel grade too.

This post was edited by musicgal on Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 16:34