Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen Designer Saved Me from HUGE Mistake!

Posted by desertdance (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 27, 13 at 15:08

Today I got an email from my designer, asking if I realized that the trash Drawer would not be able to be opened while I was loading the dishwasher.

Nope! I did not realize that, so now, everything will be changing!

I would have hated that, had it happened and I'm very thankful she picked up on that mistake!

I'm happy my designer is a good communicator!!

Suzi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen Designer Saved Me from HUGE Mistake!

Did the KD design it that way? I've caught a lot of mistakes my designer has made, mostly in measurements.

o

One way or another, thank goodness it was caught!

o

I designed it that way, sort of. The current dishwasher is on the left base cabinet wing close to the corner. I really wanted the dishwasher on my left, next to the sink, but to do that I had to move the sink more to the right, off center...

I got OK with the off center, but now there wasn't room for the trash on the right, so it had to go where the dishwasher once was, creating a problem I had not thought about.

Yep! Thank goodness it was caught!

The dishwasher will go where it once was, the sink back to center, and the Trash Drawer on the right.

Suzi

o

Happy for you, Desert!

The $$ I paid my KD was totally worth it for that very reason. Saved me from some huge (design, not so much functional) mistakes!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here