Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What soap dispenser and water filter dispenser to get?

Posted by lori_inthenw (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 19, 14 at 15:00

I have made so many decisions so far in advance and yet it is so hard to get from the 95% level to the 100% level! I know you know what I mean...

Kitchen faucet is Hansgrohe Allegro E Gourmet semi-pro in Steel Optik (a somewhat brushed finish) and sink is Silgranit Performa 1/3/4 with the low divide (biscuit). Countertop plan is Pental quartz in Wild Rice. Cabinets are slabs with simple Princetonian pulls also in a brushed silver finish.

I need to spec the soap dispenser and water filter dispenser and I have to admit I have totally let those slide til now. I suppose it would be easier if I'd gotten a chrome faucet, but I wanted something less polished. Anyone have any suggestions for those last two items? I'm crawling to the finish line here...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What soap dispenser and water filter dispenser to get?

I would consider a full flow drinking water system which would eliminate the need for a separate faucet. I think that 3M and Everpure make them.

o

We have a whole house water system that provides some treatment and a multi-component system that goes under the sink that we'll be moving from our current house, just need the small dispenser thing. (I do see that some of them look like full faucets, but that's overkill for us.)

o

Echoing Sherri, I picked the 3M Aquapure Full Flow undercounter system. No separate faucet which makes me very happy :) . I haven't installed it yet, but because it's high flow it should not slow down the water flow.

o

It really depends on what you are trying to filter from the water, and whether another faucet is really an issue. If you are looking to remove everything from the water, I would suggest a reverse osmosis system. If it is only chlorine and the taste of the water you are concerned about, then the above water filters will do the job.

Here is a link that might be useful: Aquasafe Systems

o

We have a Kohler faucet and soap dispenser in chrome and a Multipure Aquaversa MP750SB Water Filter. We use it primarily for drinking water. The faucet is available in a number of finishes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Water filter

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here