Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbstx

grout color with white subway tile

bbstx
10 years ago

In addition to changing out the countertop, I am also having the backsplash re-done.

The granite is Ornamental White (ignore the crummy seam)
{{!gwi}}

I don't know if you can tell from the picture, the granite is a gray white with garnet dots, lavender and light green swirls.

The backsplash is currently white subway tile with deLorean gray grout. Similar to the photo below.

The run of granite with the crummy seam is going to be replaced. The backsplash is also going to be replaced. Although I chose the white subway tile and the deLorean gray just like I had in my other house, it just didn't seem to work as well in this house. I like white subway tile and want to keep it. The tile setter has suggested that I choose a different, lighter grout color.

My concern is stains in the grout. The tile setter says he can add something that will make it stain resistant (Grout Boost, I think he called it).

Do any of you have experience with Grout Boost making your the grout more stain resistant? How resistant is resistant?

Given the colors in the granite, what color grout would you use with white subway tile?

Backsplash at old house with deLorean gray grout:

Comments (2)