Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarapamela_gw

Paint All Cabinets White or Put Color on Base?

sarapamela
12 years ago

It's the first cloudy day here (FL) in ages, so I apologize for posting another question today! Guess I need a life, as I've been glued to the forum for a couple hours now. Everyone's advice and suggestions are so helpful, though, and hopefully my input is also worthwhile.

ANYWAY... As I've read through diffferent posts, a voice keeps whispering in my ear that I should consider something other than plain white or Cotton Ball/ off white cabinets in our tiny kitchen. Finally got DH to open up to the idea of using a slightly off-white rather than stark bright white that the crown moulding everywhere will soon be, and, as I mentioned, I'm now wondering if I should make my custom cabinets even more interesting.

Here is a picture of the area as it is now. (I don't know why I am worrying about all this, as ANYTHING will be better than the ivy wallpaper we inherited and have been living with for over a year : ) )

The floor is taupe/tan/beige....(Pardon the feet!)

Granite will probably be this slab (but it is softer and doesn't look quite as blue looking in person?) :

Would LOVE some pretty paint color ideas and combinations. One last thing, the floorplan is changing and it will be open to the dining area, a bit like this picture:

What colors should I consider? Should I stick with white or off-white? Maybe different color on base cabinets, but it is such a small kitchen, maybe they should be the same?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts : )

Comments (3)