Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brookhaven vs. schuler cabinets

Posted by laurie_k (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 14:54

I'm working with a KD who only carries Brookhaven/Wood-Mode. He gave us a very good quote on BH painted cabinets for a 10X10 kitchen with an island. He claims to beat big box prices. His quote was much lower than another KD that also quoted BH. I've read good things about Schuler on this forum, so we went to Lowe's and got a quote on Schuler cabinets and the quote came out $1500-$2000 lower depending on what promotions are going on a given time at Lowe's. All things being equal we prefer to deal with the small KD rather than Lowe's. I'd like opinions on whether BH is worth the difference in price. This is for a second home near the beach. I don't have time to price out a bunch of different cabinet lines or look for a custom cabinet maker. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brookhaven vs. schuler cabinets

I've looked at both and like both cabinet manufacturer. I'd pick a small KD with good ratings with the manufacturer (they get better discounts). Lowes KD do work on commissions I learned recently if that helps you (or at least the one I was working with did-been there a long time and great KD).

o
RE: Brookhaven vs. schuler cabinets

I've sold BH and Medallion (same as Schuler). Unusual for apple to apples not to be awfully close, promos or not.
My own kitchen is BH and I'd say it is worth the difference. Have seen a few complaints here recently, don't know if it's changed. Been 3 years since I worked there, but still prefer the cabinet. Generally one of the better painted though others are catching up in the price bracket. BH is available frameless, and framed cabinets are doweled frames both plusses IMO. Schuler is pocket hole constructed frames.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here