Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nikkidan_gw

Lights, faucets, sinks...ordering online? Urgent!

nikkidan
12 years ago

Having a hard time finding lighting, sinks, faucets I like in stores. But finding alot online.

Wondering if anyone has any experience ordering online from lighinguniverse.com, lightingdirect.com, faucetdirect.com, lampsplus.com?

I don't like ordering online from places I've never heard of, or online only stores that I have not done business with before.

If these are safe to order from, or if you have had a good/bad experience with any of them, or if you have suggestions for other online stores for fixtures let me know.

It's down to the wire, and I need to get things ordered so we have them ready for install in the next couple weeks. The chandelier I want from Lowes wouldn't be delivered until end of MAY!! I'm willing to order from these places online if I know they are legit.

Thank you!

Comments (18)

• ayerg73
    12 years ago

I placed an order with lightingdirect about 4 weeks ago. I got one fixture right away. The 3 pendants were on backorder and the website said it would be 7-10 days. After placing the order, they tell me they won't be shipped until mid-April. Already charged me for them...so I hope they mail them out.

I was happy with the first item and their prices were good. But, if you're in a hurry, make sure you know that they are in stock!

• annac54
    12 years ago

I bought my sink, faucet, and DW airgap from Faucet Direct. They were ordered at different times, and I received each item promptly. I would use them again.

• Parachuting
    12 years ago

We ordered our powder room sink from FaucetDirect, and it arrived on time, well packaged, and no damage. I ordered my Silgranit sinks and Delta one-touch faucets from HomePerfect.com. My granite fabricator told me to order my sinks from there as they had the best prices. Again, everything was well packaged, no damaged boxes.

We opened and inspected all the packages when we received them to check for damage inside, possible missing parts, or even the look of a "return" item, etc. Everything looked brand new.

We ordered our foyer light from Homeclick. We did have to return that one twice due to a wire issue but they were prompt in sending us a replacement.

However, none of our purchases have been installed so here's hoping it all works.

• hlove
    12 years ago

I've bought from lampsplus and faucetdirect, and I think from lightingdirect sometime in the past, but I'm not sure. No problem with any of them. But I didn't need to do any returns.

Just be sure to check on return policies and re-stocking fees for any site you use. I bought a bath faucet from a site (don't remember which, not one of the ones above) while I was buying a whole bunch of other things and was lured by a low price. I had to return it, though, because we changed something in the bathroom. Because I was so involved in buying so many things, I never checked this particular site's policy. The restocking fees were high and they would have made me pay back the shipping costs even though they gave me free shipping! I ended up selling it on craigslist because I would have lost too much by returning it.

• clarygrace
    12 years ago

I've purchased from faucets direct in the past and always had a good experience. I just purchased two sinks from Signature Hardware and must say that they were incredible...beautifully made 16 gauge stainless steel (they have all types, fireclay etc) and they were packaged like I have never seen, heavy corrugated boxes and each sink was wrapped in their own bags, just like expensive shoes are! Higly recommend! My KD was impressed! Prices were very good too!

Here is a link that might be useful: sinks

• puddycat902
    12 years ago

I have purchased lighting (lamp, fixture and pendant) from Bowery Lighting and Lampsplus...no problems at all. Also purchased my faucet on EBay...arrived promptly, but not installed yet. Also ordered my 20X20 floor tiles from Artwalk tiles. Ordering and delivery was wonderful. My kitchen backsplash will also be ordered online. However my bathroom backsplash had to be purchased through a local dealer (not available online). I research things so much before buying that I rarely need to make a return. Good luck!

• shelayne
    12 years ago

I have purchased from both faucetdirect and lightingdirect and had good experiences.

Recently, I went to search for some sconces and a bathroom sink, looked at both above, then went to Amazon to see if they had them. They did and for less, and as a Amazon Prime member, my sink came less than 48 hours. My sconces are on their way according to tracking. Next I will be shopping for a mirror.

Love Amazon.

• springroz
    12 years ago

Yesterday, I would have told you what a great experience I had buying toilets, sinks, etc., but not 2 hours ago, my credit card company called that someone had charged tickets to Singapore on my cc........could be a coincidence, but the charge is from a company that was on one of the toilet boxes, but not the company with whom I delt!!

Nancy

• snaupal
    12 years ago

I have placed many orders with faucetsdirect.com and have never had a problem. I even ordered a bathtub from the site and it came crated and undamaged. As another poster said, just make sure thee item is in stock if you need it quickly.

• joaniepoanie
    12 years ago

Order away! I've ordered lights, sinks, faucet, even major appliances online with no problems. And if I've ever had a problem (had some lamps arrive broken) companies either send new ones or credit your account. The lighting places you mentioned are all fine.

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

As our local hardware store said
    Buy local or Bye local when Borders closed in A2(and everywhere else)
    When possible, I do try to buy local - but have purchased on line if local is way out of line or not available locally.

• taggie
    12 years ago

Good experience here with faucetdirect and also wayfair. That includes shipping internationally, which both of them do a lot more hassle-free than some other online retailers.

• rhome410
    12 years ago

I've had great experience with faucetdirect and lightingdirect for our house and when redoing my in-laws' house. For that latter one, time was of the essence, so I made sure to order things that were marked 'in stock.' I also did all right with Lighting Universe, but more than once the description page would say 'in stock,' but when I clicked through to check out, they were backordered...The description pages weren't kept up to date. But what I finallly ordered came promptly.

• badgergal
    12 years ago

I just ordered a cutting board for my blanco sink today from faucet direct.com. I was looking on various websites and saw that Faucetdirect had a 110% price guarantee. Their price was significantly higher but they indicated that they would meet any legitimate competitors price plus give a10% more discount . I emailed them with the competitions price information and within 30 minutes I heard back from them with a price that was less than the lowest one I had found on other websites. Plus they offered free shipping. I placed an order immediately and a short while later received shipping confirmation saying the order should arrive in 3 days. I think that is some fantastic service.
    I had heard of Faucetdirect onthiswebsite previously but this ismmyfirsttimeorderingwith them. From my experience and from what others have said, I think you should check out their website for items you need.

• lalithar
    12 years ago

BTW, Faucetdirect and lightingdirect are the same business and will combine orders for discounts. I ordered from quality bath a lot. Good customer service.

Lalitha

• Sherriode
    12 years ago

I've ordered from faucet direct recently. Received excellent service. Used lamps plus several years ago, I don't recall having any trouble.

• beekeeperswife
    12 years ago

faucetdirect will really do a great job dropping their prices for you. Use the online chat, ask for Barb. Tell her what you want, ask for a better price. She will email you a shopping cart with a new price.

I needed to buy a Panasonic fan for our bathroom. Best price I could find was Amazon, it was $231. I went to FD and told them about this price (theirs was $350+....they beat Amazon's price significantly, even had free shipping.)

You just need to ask for better prices.

They are part of build.com. I wonder if lightingdirect is part of the group too. I'm not sure.

Bee

• msl511
    12 years ago

I had great experiences with faucetdirect and lightingdirect when I did my bathrooms last year, including faucetdirect being really nice about something that was absolutely my mistake and taking something back long after they were obligated to do so.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022