Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stefaniebb

Tile Backsplash that goes with Saint Cecelia Granite?

Stefaniebb
13 years ago

HI,

I have been looking at the completed kitchen photos and there are a few kitchens with Saint Cecelia granite but I can't tell what tile was used for back splash. Or could someone suggest what you would use with this granite? I think its perfect for our cabinet color- maple with chestnut stain with onyx glaze however I can't seem to find a tile I like for the back splash. Everything seems like it almost matches but doesn't which isn't what I would like it to look like.

Maybe I need a new granite choice?

Thanks!

Comments (25)

• michellemarie
    13 years ago

I think a cream or bone colored crackle tile is perfect with St. Cecilia. It would be a classic look and not overpower the beautiful granite.

• limom_2bts
    13 years ago

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents...I just had the same color cabinets installed and went with Colonial Gold granite. It really looks beautiful with the chestnut and (to me) has a little more life to it than the SC.
    Of course getting a BS will be a challange to me also but most likely will go with a cream or bone like michellemarie suggested.

• blfenton
    13 years ago

I have light giallo ornamentale which is close to SC and didn't want to overpower it which I think would be quite easy to do. I went with bone matte subway tiles and a copper mosiac backsplash behind the stove.

• User
    13 years ago

We finally put our backslash in after 8 months of trying to decide on one. We were going to go with St. Cecelia but ended up buying Golden Ridge. I wanted a matte backsplash so we went with a tumbled travertine in a rhombus pattern turned on its side. I originally didn't want the tumbled look but I'm happy with it since the grout filled a lot of it in.

Kitchen

• Stefaniebb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the help! All great ideas! I was thinking a light subway and a little more detail to the area by the cooktop! I will also look at the other granite colors mentioned!

• boxerpups
    13 years ago

What colors do you like?
    What kind of lighting do you have?
    Do you want to pull the creamy colors or go with something
    in the gray family?
    Santa C is a great granite and you can find a pretty
    tile, truly there may wind up being too many to choose
    from. It is all what makes your heart sing.

Here are some ideas and maybe if one of them appeals
    to you we can find even more in that type of tile.
    ~boxerpups

{{gwi:1575051}}

• colorado_mom
    13 years ago

Let me see if I can add the pic of a backsplash I love - not mine, but we are planning on Santa Cecelia granite as well. My pics are with white cab's - sorry!

Here is another fav, and I would give anything to find out the name of these cup pulls - they are a bit longer than the others I have seen:

This granite is Nambien Gold - not sure I have the spelling correct:

Another - hard to see backsplash, but I just love this kitchen:

Sorry - just a stroll through a few of my fav kitchens I have put in my picture folder over the years!

• colorado_mom
    13 years ago

Sorry - I think pic #1 and #3 are same kitchen

• Stefaniebb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you Boxerpups and colorado mom!
    I saved and printed the pictures out to take with me tile shopping this week. I like the subway tiles picture 9 and 16 from boxerpups and also the the first and last pictures posted by colorado mom. I appreciate the help. The first time I went into the tile shop I walked around in confusion felt overwhelmed and walked out! This time I will be better prepared!

• monicakm_gw
    13 years ago

Look at Durango tumbled marble. Colors should compliment each other and you'll have that nice rough tumbled and smooth glossy contrast.

Here is a link that might be useful: Durango Tumbled Marble

• Stefaniebb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Boxerpups- I know what you mean now! I found a floor that makes my heart sing! LOL so now working around that- Tuscany Walnut Travetine

• mythreesonsnc
    13 years ago

Stefaniebb, I just put in a travertine floor. I had no idea how much I would love it, but I can't control my excitement! Here is a picture. It is very similar to the Tuscany Walnut --- mine is Jinshan Bone Travertine.

Here is a picture....

By the way, I really like the backsplashes you like as well. I just got samples of a "walnut" travertine subway, so it is likely smaller pieces of your floor....I am planning to use in in my kitchen with cabinets the same color as my picture above. I think they would be great with Santa Cecilia granite, what a pretty combo!

• melissastar
    13 years ago

Colorado mom...(hoping stefaniebb won't mind the brief interruption), I can't see the pulls you like enough to know what they are. But you might try looking at Gilmore from Restoration Hardware. Mine are 6" long and look similar, I think, to the ones you like. But they also make them in 8", 10" and 12" long!

• Stefaniebb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

mythreesonsnc I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing! It makes me feel even better about the decision.
    I also have 3 sons ;)

• jj1smith
    13 years ago

Stefaniebb, we just had our SC granite installed on Thursday and it looks beautiful with our honey maple cabs!! On Saturday we had our subway tile backsplash installed. We chose Chiaro tumbled travertine and it looks so great with the granite. Tomorrow it will he grouted with Customs "haystack" grout. (from HD) I went back and forth on what accents, if any, we should add to the backsplash and am 100% sure we made the right choice by going with the classic brick pattern with no details...timeless and classic.

• colorado_mom
    13 years ago

Melissa - yes - the Gilmore looks like it would be great in the 6" length - thanks!!

jjlsmith - we want pictures :) When I look at marble and travertine, I don't see the typical 3 x 6 brick or subway sizes listed very often. Did you have yours cut? Where did you purchase? thanks!

• Stefaniebb
    Original Author
    13 years ago

OHHH jj1smith yes please share the pictures!!

• jj1smith
    13 years ago

Colorado_mom- I purchased the 4x6 subway tiles at Lowes.
    Still have to install the under cab lighting and new bin pulls.... Pics asap!

• Karen Quealy
    8 years ago

I have Santa Cecilia brown am going with cream cabinets any suggestions on a back splash?

• nosoccermom
    8 years ago

Simple tile pulled in a color from the granite. In my opinion, most of the examples above are way too busy.

So, I'd look at darker beige, cream, gray..

Like these colors, but only one of them:

• Karen Quealy
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I'm looking for more of a modern look my husband saw a white tile (I wish it came in beige)called wave crest it is modern tile with a nice ripple texture to it. There is grey and white in the granite, but I think the wave crest would need an accent tile. I'd like to go with brushed nickel pulls,

• mayflowers
    8 years ago

A more modern look wouldn't include an accent tile. The wave texture can stand alone. As long as the tile isn't stark white, it should work with the granite. If you've got a sample of the tile, post a new thread with a photo of the two together. Most people don't read these resurrected threads.

• mkuyekawa
    8 years ago

Karen Quealy That tile DOES come in different colors, but not at Lowes. I saw it at Arizona Tile (but could not find it on their website) as well as some local LA tile stores. I considered it myself but decided it was too busy for my busy granite. Here's a photo of the gray.

American Olean · More Info

• Karen Quealy
    8 years ago

Oh yes that's it mkuyekawa! If I can find it in a beige I think it would work better with the Santa Cecilia granite. I think I may need to wait for the cabinets to b installed first! Feeling overwhelmed with total renovation! Thank you for the input!

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH