Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
kitchenaid gas range- pro. or no??

Posted by melkel31 (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 28, 14 at 14:43

HELP! ;) My husband and I are remodeling our kitchen this spring. We are in the process of choosing appliances. We were sold on the GE CAFE slide in gas double oven range BUT after reading a lot of reviews including CR we decided it may not be the best appliance. Anyway.. After much research we have come to the 2 ranges below. Any advice on which to choose would be much appreciated!!

I am also wondering what the differences between a commercial-style and a professional style other than the look?? are there major differences?

Finally, bc of space (U shaped/square kitchen style) we really need to use a microhood. planning to get kitchenaid convection/microwave combo. Wondering if we need a true vent hood and NOT a microhood to handle either of these ovens. sorry for so many questions. I LOVE cooking- cook 5-6 nights a week plus b-fast every day! We've been wanting to upgrade our kitchen for a LONG time and want to make the right decisions!! thanks in advance!!!!!! :) The 2 ranges we are looking at are below.

http://www.kitchenaid.com/shop/major-appliances-1/ranges-2/ranges-3/-[KDRS407VSS]-402104/KDRS407VSS/
or
http://www.kitchenaid.com/shop/-[KDSS907XSP]-402115/KDSS907XSP/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: kitchenaid gas range- pro. or no??

I had the KitchenAid 36 inch, 6 burner duel fuel commerical style model http://www.kitchenaid.com/shop/major-appliances-1/ranges-2/ranges-3/-%5BKDRS467VSS%5D-402106/KDRS467VSS/
Not one of the ones you are considering, but a larger model.

If you go with KA, be very careful about self-cleaning the oven. After I self cleaned the oven, the oven totally pooped out on me and I had to have the entire circuit board replaced. Customer service was not great to deal with and I spent hours on the phone trying to get them to repair this problem, which is apparently a common problem with KitchenAid/Whirlpool ovens. Other than that problem, though, the unit functioned well over the 3 years we had it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Self cleaning self destruct cycle

o

pipdog:

We just ordered the 36" KA range and thank you for your information. We're now wondering if we should ask about the extended warranty.

o

thanks for your input! I am hoping others will chime in too for even more helpful opinions! :) We went today to try to decide and found out that the commercial kitchenaid by code apparently :( needs to have a true HOOD not a microhood which is what we were hoping to use due to space constrictions. anyone know if this is for sure true?? kinda hoping it's not and the microhood vent will work?? wishful thinking?? haha ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here