Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bet129psu_gw

Kitchen photos- white cabinets, subway tile backsplash, cherry bu

bet129psu
11 years ago

I recently went through a bathroom remodel and after posting the finished photos on the bathroom forum, I decided to come over here and post pictures of my kitchen. We moved into our 1912 house about 3 years ago and have been chipping away at updates. With the kitchen, we put in new countertops, backsplash, sinks, faucet, and appliances. We kept the cabinets and flooring. They were in great shape as the previous owners had remodeled the kitchen, (but the fruit and veggie backsplash had to go)!

Here you go!

Comments (20)

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kitchen table area

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Cherry butcher block-5'x5'

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Granite and sinks

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Double ovens- I just started incorporating a splash of red with the kitchen towel and mixer... Teapot and toaster possibly next.

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Looking in

• Jonif
    11 years ago

what color grout on your subway tile? I to have white cabinets and wood floor. I love the look on your kitchen..

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Your new kitchen is lovely! I have been a fan of subway tile for decades and it looks beautiful in your kitchen. Congratulations.

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

We did the backsplash about 2 years ago, but I think the grey grout was called silver shadow.

• nosoccermom
    11 years ago

Really pretty. What kind of granite is this?

• Linda
    11 years ago

Very pretty! That cherry island is so rich looking! Everything is so elegant!

• taggie
    11 years ago

This is lovely. Such a pretty space, and I especially admire both of your countertops, they look great. Congrats!

• smiling
    11 years ago

Really pretty. Love the glass doors and the cherry island top!

• rockpine
    11 years ago

Love it! What is the name of that granite?

• a2gemini
    11 years ago

What a delightful kitchen in an old house. I will have to go look in baths to see what you did.
    Your cherry and granite are so beautiful - did you recently take the pictures (2 years later) or are these right after your remodel?
    I also love your creative use of space - which can be difficult in an older house.
    Thank you for taking time to share.

• bet129psu
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I just took the pictures yesterday. The cherry has darkened quite a bit from when we originally got it, but we knew it would do that.

• islanddevil
    11 years ago

Beautiful inviting spaces! That butcher block island looks fantastic... and pristine 2 years out. Does it require much to keep it that way?

Check out the bathroon forum to see more of Bet's great remodeled rooms!

• SparklingWater
    11 years ago

Your kitchen is very open and inviting. It all blends together nicely. I like your countertop with your cabinets and BS.

The glass cabinets are lovely. I'd like to ask if the muntin are in the glass cabinets line up well with the shelves? It appears so in your case. How are the muntins attached to the glass?

Thank you very much and thanks for posting.

• seaswirl
    11 years ago

Love your dining set. Can you tell me where you got it and/or maybe the manufacturer and style? It's just what I'm looking for.
    Thanks so much.

PS: Your kitchen is awesome. The new kitchen in our Hurricane Sandy wrecked home will look somewhat similar.

• flyingkite
    11 years ago

bet129psu,

Nice kitchen!

What granite was used for the countertops?

• EATREALFOOD
    11 years ago

Nice ! Love the Cherry counter, how did you seal it ? Waterlox ?