Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Geeking out about cabinets

Posted by katy-lou (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 14:40

Just sharing excitement and anticipation - heard from the mill that they have been able to book match the panels for the cabinets both horizontally and vertically down the stack! Panels, rails and stiles from solid quarter sawn curly cherry. Should be able to see it tomorrow after milling - whee! Not sure our friends IRL would have the same giddiness as us - but maybe other GW's will understand.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Geeking out about cabinets

How wonderful! My Mom has custom cabinets and built-ins throughout her house (built in 1977), and all of the drawer stacks, and doors are cut from the same piece. They are overlay, so the stiles and rails don't match, but the grain running through the drawers is beautiful.

Please share photos!

o

Can hardly wait to see!

o

Lucky you!!! Our cabs and drawer fronts have vertical grain matched cherry veneer ("flame" pattern), but they are not matched horizontally across the stacks. Yours should be gorgeous!

This post was edited by cat_mom on Tue, Mar 26, 13 at 15:26

o

Quarter-sawn cherry? Bookmatched panels? ..... Sigh..... I agree that it is probably twisted that this prospect delights me so...... but it does!!

o

heard from the mill that they have been able to book match the panels for the cabinets both horizontally and vertically down the stack!

I bet the layout guys are equally geeked out ... the good ones really love being able to do things like that.

o

Curly cherry? Wow, I've heard of curly maple but not cherry. Sounds beautiful!

o

Wood was delivered to cabinet maker today - so cool! It is all labeled with care taken to match cabinets in a given area - all
Panels book matched and even some of the cherry that was supposed to be more plain turned out to be curly and have very nice figure!

Can't wait to see how the doors, drawers and face frames come together! I took pics but hard to see in the photos - should really stand out once we get it oiled.

o

I can't wait to see how this looks! I'm doing a painted cabinet but I definitely appreciate the thrill of a good finish. Sometimes the little details are what make the heart sing.

o

I am really looking forward to seeing this! I love cherry.

o

I can't wait to see pictures as I also love Cherry wood.

o

Waiting impatiently to see pics! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here