Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janet1972_gw

Anyone have Eudora Kitchen Cabinets

Janet1972
12 years ago

We are looking to replace out 1980's oak kitchen cabinets with the frameless line Eudora. I cannot find a positive or negative review on the cabinets. It would be helpful to know if someone has these cabinets and your views on them.

Thank you- Janet Chicagoland.

Comments (18)

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

Hi Janet--We have Eudora frameless all plywood construction. We went with the Brighton door in the kitchen & full baths. Kitchen perimeter is bright white with pewter glaze (note: they changed the pewter to more of a silver color 2 weeks after they sent us the sample door to see in person), island is merlot with coffee glaze. Bathrooms are espresso. Powder room has colony beaded vanity in espresso.

We had several issues with our order--more than 1/2 the cabs came in with MDF construction & had to be reordered. The pewter glaze came in as the much lighter silver glaze they switched to vs. the dark that we loved. We went for about 3 weeks not knowing how they were going to rectify it. Finally, Eudora agreed to pull the original darker glaze formula back off the shelf and redid a new set of doors, drawers & trim. The hood color was wrong even though packing slip showed it was merlot with coffee glaze--it was actually cherry with coffee glaze so it didn't match. They pulled the hood out & tried to strip it & refinish, but it was a no-go so had to wait for a totally new one. We went about 2 months without a hood in the new house over a pro rangetop. New hood came & it is darker than the island--so it still doesn't match & we're working on that with them. Valance over sink turned out to be custom even though they showed it online as standard.

So long story short--they seem to be constructed well, finish is holding up so far & they are really pretty, but there were problems--I'd say cabinets comprised roughly 75% of our problems during the build. In many, many ways we wish we had gone with Marsh cabinets instead. But I will say Eudora is working with us. Would we have had the same problems with Marsh? Maybe, but maybe not. I know Marsh was less expensive for the same specs. Will you have similar problems? Hard to say. This was just our experience. According to the Eudora guy, the Eudoras are superior, but what else do you expect a salesman to say?

Here are some pics:

Kitchen--

Master Bath--

Kids' Baths--

Powder Room--

Hope this helps!

• Janet1972
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you very much for your reply. I was going to purchase this week - but I do not love all the stain options. I am going to check out Marsh cabinets and get a quote. They seem to have more wood color choices to choose from.

Thank you.

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

If you're in NC, you can visit the showroom & order Marsh cabinets direct from their showroom in High Point.

• Janet1972
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you.

Your cabinets are beautiful. It looks like the cover of a magazine. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Janet

• Janet1972
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I went and had a quote done for Marsh Cabinetry. They wanted over 2 grand more than Eudora. The Marsh did not even use plywood for the frame less cabinets. I purchased with Eudora and took advantage of the free glazing upgrade.
    I THANK YOU so much for letting me know of the quality of them. I will keep a look out for when they come if everything is the same color, glaze and style.

Janet

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

Congrats on getting the cabs ordered, Janet! What style, color & glaze did you go with? Have you picked a countertop to go with them yet? Can't wait to see your pics!!

• Janet1972
    Original Author
    12 years ago

We went with Oxford cabinet style (21 cabinets), all plywood and the color is ginger with chocolate glaze. I am very excited to get started... I just hate the "without kitchen phase." We are looking into Quartz and or granite. We are trying to stay at 10,000 or under for the entire mini rehab. We have nice wood floors and the light fixtures are already updated. I will post pictures when we are finished! Thank you.

• babs711
    12 years ago

We are using Eudora. Our cabinet guy who works closely with our builder has used them for a long time and has a nice relationship with the company. I was happy with the all plywood construction and the drawer construction as well.

• Janet1972
    Original Author
    12 years ago

My cabinets just came last week and they are damaged, scratched and wood putty filler in all the deep cracks of the plywood. I am really upset and waiting to hear back from Eudora. They did a sloppy job and wasted my time.

We shall see how they respond...........

• Tmacmac
    12 years ago

We are considering Eudora cabinets. Our kitchen design person will handle all the details (measurements,etc). Looking at some other reviews, it seems there have been issues with receiving cabs. with defects. what do you all recommend?

• babs711
    12 years ago

When ours came in, several things were damaged. But the majority of the cabinets were totally fine. Our cabinet guy dealt with them and has received replacements with no hassle. I hardly noticed a problem since he dealt with everything so easily. I wasn't expecting defects and damages though. The replacements were perfect.

• ekmekjim
    9 years ago

Hi Janet1972, would you be able to update on what happened to your cabinets and whether you are happy with Eudora?

• User
    9 years ago

Crap warranty and crap construction until you get all the upgrades. Then there are cheaper choices with better warranties.

• ekmekjim
    9 years ago

thanks for the feedback...nothing I've read so far gives any positive reviews...

• noah Pimentel
    8 years ago

Hey you guys glad everyone is happy with Eudora, if un happy with your product Iknow they will make it right. A great company I have Eudora in my home!!

• tim volk
    6 years ago

these cabinets are nothing but trouble. I work as a professional installer and cringe every time I have to work with this product , kith cabinets is the same co. with same workmanship problems. stay away :((((

• Sarah R
    4 years ago

There seem to be mixed reviews on these cabinets— we are considering these for our new construction home. Anyone else have any experience with Eudora? Any updates on how cabinets have held up over time from the original poster?