Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
deb52899

Basement kitchen - starting from scratch!

Debbi Branka
11 years ago

Ok, I'm posting a drawing of the kitchen space in our basement (we are just framing the walls and putting up drywall). We have 8' ceilings, but with all the duct work and stuff up there, a lot of the ceiling will be dropped to just over 7'. Ceilings will be drywall. There is a basement window on the one wall - high up at (and into) the ceiling. We have a large functional kitchen upstairs, so this won't be used a lot. I'm not really sure how much yet. We have a stove and fridge already (gold stove and white fridge!!) that we will be using because that's my basement stove and it works awesome. We'd like some kind of pennisula/bar at counter or bar height with stools. I'm planning the sink where the back drain is closest to the corner. I may even do a corner sink identical to what I have upstairs (because I'm a corner sink lover). Other than the sink placement, the window where it is, and the low ceilings, everything is an open slate. What can I do here?

PS - If you can't see the photo well, the walls are 14'2" x 13'6". The space opposite the window wall is open to the living area.

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals