Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
forgottensong

Heart broken - drill hole in granite!

forgottensong
14 years ago

I've been absent from the forum for a long while - DH, DD and Mom are all in the hospital.

I was shocked to find a small, about an eighth of an inch, perfectly round drill hole in my counter top. The granite is dark black/green and blues but the hole looks quite white. It seems to have broken just through the polished surface. I'm thinking that when one of the carpenters was installing the window trim, he must have drilled right on the granite. I just called the contractor but have not had a call back. I just noticed the hole because I picked up all of the baking goods I'd dumped on the counter to sort for storing in the cabinets. Wish I'd seen it before they left. There are still a few things to be done in the kitchen and I haven't paid the last installment.

Am I certain that it is a drill hole? Will a sharp drill bite through the granite? I can't figure out what else it can be, but I need to be sure before I get hysterical with the contractor.

How can it be fixed? I love, love, love our granite and it will be expensive and out of the question to get new granite for a small hole.

Thanks, FS

Comments (6)