Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
csm088

Need help with counter-top and backsplash selection

csm088
10 years ago

I am doing a new L-shaped kitchen with an island on the diagonal. The cabinets are being painted Behr Espresso Bean (see attached for an example of the colour) and I'm considering painting the island a different colour: white/cream or even an accent colour.

The flooring is a medium-brown maple by Dubeau.

I painted the walls in the kitchen BM Stone Hearth http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/stonehearth.

I've gone back and forth over countertop colours so many times. I am doing quartz.

At first they were going to be light brown/cream and a darker brown for the island. The backsplash was going to be the Costco brown mosaic glass tile. Right now I'm concerned that this is all too much brown. Also I am concerned that the warm, super brown style of this kitchen is on the way out in terms of style.

So I'm thinking white or a light grey for the countertop, and a darker grey or slate for the island. This would involve a change to the backsplash.

Any comments? I would appreciate your input.

Comment (1)

• romy718
    10 years ago

I think white would be a nice contrast. I've attached a link to a GW member's (kellienoelle) kitchen that used Delicatus granite & a classic white backsplash.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kellienoelle's Dark Cherry & Delicatus Reveal

This post was edited by romy718 on Fri, Mar 14, 14 at 21:46

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville