Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ikea - Interior of glass cabinet

Posted by kailuamom (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 20, 13 at 14:22

Hi All -

I am in process of designing an Ikea kitchen, Adel medium brown.

For some of the uppers, I will have glass fronts - what color interior should I use, beech or white? I can't find pictures where I can tell what they used.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ikea - Interior of glass cabinet

Ikea has a finished interior option for glass front cabinets.

o

We have the Adel medium brown cabinet fronts with the birch cabinet boxes. Two of those uppers have glass doors. To our surprise Adel MB only come in a frosted glass, not clear glass.
Although, you can see some of the cabinet interior around the edge of the glass I believe birch shows less than the white would.

Laura stated “Ikea has a finished interior option for glass front cabinets.” If that is so we we’re never advised of anything but birch or white. :(

For what it worth we’re quite pleased with the Adel MB

o

We have Ikea Ramjso black/brown (just installed!) and we have birch interiors. Ramsjo comes in a black interior option as well but I thought it would be too dark.

o

Awesome....I don't know why I'm having such trouble with the planner...I'm not seeing it! Then I won't worry about it for now.

o

Thanks for all the feedback!

Actually, I'm thrilled that the glass is frosted, as I actually want white uppers and DH won't have it. this will hive me the more white look I want and he will still get the wood he wants.

Sure am thrilled to hear that you all are happy with your cabinets.

o
Great news

Thanks for all the feedback!

Actually, I'm thrilled that the glass is frosted, as I want white uppers and DH won't have it. this will give me the more white look I want, and he will still get the wood he wants.

Sure am thrilled to hear that you all are happy with your Ikea cabinets.

o

Adel white with glass uppers - kitchen in process (and lovin' it!)

Bonnie

o

ooooohhhhh

so pretty!

o

We have the birch boxes.

o

I was at Ikea on Monday putting in my cabinet order (and having my Ikea breakfast give me heartburn as I waited!)

My Ikean told me that the Ramsjo black-brown interiors for glass cabinets are discontinued now. I ordered white interiors (works with my color scheme anyway so I figured it's okay.)

o

I actually used white interiors on my glass-door cabinets even though the surrounding Adel Brown cabinets had the woodgrain interior - thought the white looked better lit up when viewed through the glass.

o

I really like Ikea, but there is just no way that I know of to anticipate changes in what they keep vs discontinue. At my Ikea yesterday, the kitchen dept said that they are only going to keep the 18" wall cabinet boxes in the Ramsjo black brown, so if you need other sizes, maybe be sure you can still get them yet.

o

bons, did you fill in the holes inside?

your glass uppers look so pretty. I have tried several caulks and puttys to fill mine in and it still looks bad.

o

Do you mean the holes to adjust the shelf location?

No - It hadn't occurred to me to do that. I can't see the holes through the glass, and they don't bother me when I open the cabinet (at least, at this point).

You might ask that question in the Kitchen Planning forum on ikeafans.com. I'll bet someone there can help.

Bonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here