Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kailuamom_gw

Ikea - Interior of glass cabinet

kailuamom
11 years ago

Hi All -

I am in process of designing an Ikea kitchen, Adel medium brown.

For some of the uppers, I will have glass fronts - what color interior should I use, beech or white? I can't find pictures where I can tell what they used.

Thanks

Comments (14)

• auroraborelis
    11 years ago

Ikea has a finished interior option for glass front cabinets.

• Confire
    11 years ago

We have the Adel medium brown cabinet fronts with the birch cabinet boxes. Two of those uppers have glass doors. To our surprise Adel MB only come in a frosted glass, not clear glass.
    Although, you can see some of the cabinet interior around the edge of the glass I believe birch shows less than the white would.

Laura stated âÂÂIkea has a finished interior option for glass front cabinets.â If that is so we weâÂÂre never advised of anything but birch or white. :(

For what it worth weâÂÂre quite pleased with the Adel MB

• andrea131
    11 years ago

We have Ikea Ramjso black/brown (just installed!) and we have birch interiors. Ramsjo comes in a black interior option as well but I thought it would be too dark.

• kailuamom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Awesome....I don't know why I'm having such trouble with the planner...I'm not seeing it! Then I won't worry about it for now.

• kailuamom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback!

Actually, I'm thrilled that the glass is frosted, as I actually want white uppers and DH won't have it. this will hive me the more white look I want and he will still get the wood he wants.

Sure am thrilled to hear that you all are happy with your cabinets.

• kailuamom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback!

Actually, I'm thrilled that the glass is frosted, as I want white uppers and DH won't have it. this will give me the more white look I want, and he will still get the wood he wants.

Sure am thrilled to hear that you all are happy with your Ikea cabinets.

• bons
    11 years ago

Adel white with glass uppers - kitchen in process (and lovin' it!)

Bonnie

• kailuamom
    Original Author
    11 years ago

ooooohhhhh

so pretty!

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

We have the birch boxes.

• meangoose
    11 years ago

I was at Ikea on Monday putting in my cabinet order (and having my Ikea breakfast give me heartburn as I waited!)

My Ikean told me that the Ramsjo black-brown interiors for glass cabinets are discontinued now. I ordered white interiors (works with my color scheme anyway so I figured it's okay.)

• lee676
    11 years ago

I actually used white interiors on my glass-door cabinets even though the surrounding Adel Brown cabinets had the woodgrain interior - thought the white looked better lit up when viewed through the glass.

• smiling
    11 years ago

I really like Ikea, but there is just no way that I know of to anticipate changes in what they keep vs discontinue. At my Ikea yesterday, the kitchen dept said that they are only going to keep the 18" wall cabinet boxes in the Ramsjo black brown, so if you need other sizes, maybe be sure you can still get them yet.

• sserra85
    11 years ago

bons, did you fill in the holes inside?

your glass uppers look so pretty. I have tried several caulks and puttys to fill mine in and it still looks bad.

• bons
    11 years ago

Do you mean the holes to adjust the shelf location?

No - It hadn't occurred to me to do that. I can't see the holes through the glass, and they don't bother me when I open the cabinet (at least, at this point).

You might ask that question in the Kitchen Planning forum on ikeafans.com. I'll bet someone there can help.

Bonnie