Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I have a budget finally! So now the work begins!

Posted by sanjuangirl (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 10, 13 at 14:20

I'm so excited. My DH finally (after a false start over a year and a half ago) has given me a realistic budget to do the kitchen! Of course, it's 25% less than what I've got planned so I'm going to have to make some hard choices along the way.

I'm excited to start and am so happy that I found GW to bounce ideas around.

I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions as we begin!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I have a budget finally! So now the work begins!

Congrats! We recently sold our rental property and DH and I decided to take the proceeds of the sale and upgrade our kitchen. My kitchen was stuck in the 80s with oak cabinets and white 4 inch tile countertops. I've had my cabinets installed over a week but was on hold due to granite choices! I just couldn't find anything in the length I needed without having to do a seam. I was too busy looking at the huge selections not realizing length was an issue. So there's my nugget for you!

o

And the fun! We will be watching!!

o

Yay. Let the fun begin!!

o

Awesome! Now the fun begins! Can't wait to see what you're planning.

o

Thanks, I'm excited and looking at sinks first. Found a fabulous apron front by Kohler that looks like lace. Unfortunately it's twice my budget. I'm going to have to rein myself in and figure out what I have to cut out to stay on budget....

o

Check out Overstock for your sink and faucets. Oftentimes (not always) you can get a great deal there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here