Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
purrparlor

Alternatives to TIcor S113?

annkathryn
14 years ago

I'd like to buy a Ticor S113 sink (single bowl, 16-guage stainless) but it seems to be sold out in the usual online places. Is there a good alternative? The Franke Orca is similar, but it's over $800 and not in the budget.

Comments (14)

• ci_lantro
    14 years ago

A similar one from MRDirect; #345 Offset.

The strainer & grid are add on items.

IIRC, one of our regular posters, Kevin at Arizona Stone, uses the MRDirect sinks & has been pleased with them. Might want to start a separate thread to ask him about them.

HTH

Ci

Here is a link that might be useful: MRDirect

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks ci_lantro, that looks perfect, and what a great price!

I did a search and saw another post by Kevin where he said he uses these sinks in his shop. That's a good enough recommendation for me!

• ci_lantro
    14 years ago

I'm so glad that it might work for you, annkathryn. If you order it, do let us know what you think of the sink!

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The sink arrived yesterday exactly as scheduled, in perfect condition. I bought the grid as well ($20) which DH doesn't think he'll use, but we'll see. The total price was $175. The only thing I'm uncertain of is how noisy it might be, as the metal isn't very thick and there's no sort of soundproofing on the outside. But otherwise I think it will work well. It will be a couple more weeks before it's installed so will post an update if there are any issues.

• dlr98004
    14 years ago

I've heard the soundproofing is just a spray on material - you may be able to go to an automotive or hardware store and see if they have something you can apply to the back before it is installed.
    Let us know how it goes - I am looking at sinks right now!

• ci_lantro
    14 years ago

The description of the sink at the link says there is a 'Thick Sound Dampener Rubber Pad'. I'd check the bottom of the sink & see if there is a pad attached, as advertised. If not, then I'd for sure contact MRDirect about it.

Otherwise, you can add soundproofing to the sides like Dianelouise suggested. You can buy auto undercoating at auto supply stores...it's sold in spray cans.

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ah yes, I took a closer look and there on the bottom was the rubber pad. The sides are white, not metal, so that must be the soundproofing. I'll report back once it's installed.

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just bumping this up as the sink is now installed and it's great. I have a very high-arched faucet; there's no splashing and the soundproofing is not an issue at all. I highly recommend MR Direct based on this experience.

• desi5
    14 years ago

Hi Annkathryn,

I would love to see pics of your sink installed. We are planning to use the same sink although our install is about 4-5 weeks away.

Thanks!

• annkathryn
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's a picture.

• desi5
    14 years ago

Thanks for posting that pic Annkathryn! The sink looks great with your granite - and very roomy.

I would love to see other pics of your kitchen - from this photo it looks similar to what we are planning (cream cabinets, dark granite).

Thanks!

• sunrainlife_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

Thank you for this...I've been stalking the ticor S113 also. So nice to find a less expensive version! Your picture is beautiful.

• Aletia Morgan
    12 years ago

Hi Annkathryn,

A year later, how do you like the MRDirect sink? It looks like the Ticor is still hard to find....

Thanks!

• Jon-West
    11 years ago

After reading enduring post about her C-Tech-I sink and using a company called Zigsby's Kitchen I found they they had a good bit of Ticor sinks as well. I called them up and they actually found a sink that is very similar to the S113 from Ticor. It is an Artisan AR3120-D10. Apparently they don't have all their sinks on their website. But I ordered this sink from them and couldn't be happier...it was actually in stock :) You can find them at zigsbyskitchen.com. I spoke with a salesman by the name of Steve. Anyways...there are other options out there, you just have to look.

-Jon