Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
staceydux

My finished kitchen (lots of pics)

Staceydux
12 years ago

I finally got around to taking pics of my kitchen. Unfortunately, I lost my nice camera during the renovation so these pics are taken with my old Blackberry. The quality does not do the kitchen justice. Anyway, here are the details:

1)Kitchen designer - The Cabinetry in Hingham, MA (Marlene was awesome to work with)

2)Contractor-Bob Burr Remodeling in Carver, MA

3)Cabinets - Perimeter cabinets by Medallion style Potter's Mill in Divinity. 2 Islands by Medallion, style Potter's Mill in Cherry with a Wheat finish.

4)Refrigerator - Thermador built-in 36 inch - paneled

5)Oven-GE Profile

6)Cooktop - Thermodor 5 burner

7)Hood- By XO

8)Trash Compactor-Kitchen Aid - paneled

9)Dishwasher - Kitchen Aid (we already had the DW)

10)Microwave Drawer by Sharp

11)Sink by Artisan - love this huge modern double sink

12)Faucet by Grohe

13)Pulls by Atlas - Sutton Place in Polished Chrome

14)Knobs by Atlas - Sutton Place Square Knobs in Polished Chrome

15)Counterop-Polished Colonial Gold Granite

16)Pendants over large island from Lowes (can't remember make)

17)Light over small island - by Solaris

18)Backsplash-White subway tiles by Oceanside glass in iridescent color Oxygen.

19)Backsplash color tiles - by Sonoma Tile - Style Vihara in Kahuna - iridescent tiles

20)Counter stools by New Pacific style Dylan in Creme. I need 1 more but this color has been discontinued.

21)Paint Color-Walls are Benjamin Moore in Feather Gray; Trim is Benjamin Moore custom color to match cabinets.

22)The legs next to the sink and on the island were ordered from the KD. Not sure of who makes them.

I think that covers it. Again, the pictures are poor quality because my phone takes poor pictures.

These were my helpers and troublemakers through the entire renovation:

This is 1 of 2 islands. This is the smaller island and is used for prep work:

This is the larger of the 2 islands. My husband, kids and I spend most of our time at this island. It's 9 feet. We still need 1 more counterstool:

Comments (34)

• dianalo
    12 years ago

The word that comes to mind is "soft". I think your palette and look is very pleasing and calm.
    I like how you worked the accent tiles into the bs and the hardware is also a nice pick.
    I really like the layout and separate island with the glass doors. The sink cab bumpout is a really nice feature as well.
    I bet you will really enjoy your new kitchen with all the natural light you have. It seems like a happy and comfortable place to be ;)

• Staceydux
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for your kind words. I wanted it to be a place family and friends wanted to spend time. I don't even sit in the rest of the house.

• poohpup
    12 years ago

Very nice! Love all that counter space! Very soothing colors. Enjoy!

• MichelleDT
    12 years ago

Beautiful....love it all. As others have said, peaceful and calming - a kitchen I could work in all day! Really like your cab hardware and mosaic tile.

• gr8daygw
    12 years ago

Stacey it's beautiful, I especially love the tile with the granite. Colonial gold is one of my favorites. Love the pulls & knobs. Great job, it's just so pretty and livable. Enjoy it in good health for many years! (love the hood, too)

• boschboy
    12 years ago

Beautiful. I love the way the sink bumps out.

• sis2two
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is so pretty! I love your soothing palette as well. The granite is just beautiful and really compliments the wood of the island.

• blfenton
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful and I like the way the counter brings together the colours of the cabinets. Nice job.

• clarygrace
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is sooo lovely! The granite especially nice!...love the cabinetry, we have similar taste! Our kitchen is being done in Medallion Venice door in divinity white and our two islands will be in gingersnap.

Enjoy with family and friends for many years to come!!!

Cheers!

• a2gemini
    12 years ago

beautiful!
    Love the backsplash with the counter top!

• MDBmom
    12 years ago

Your kitchen is beautiful. I love the colors. It is perfect for the southern MA beach area. I used to live in Hingham and miss it terribly! Hope you enjoy your beautiful kitchen for years to come!....and if you don't feel like cooking The Square Cafe takeout would go great with your kitchen:o).

• carybk
    12 years ago

Very gentle space-- I like the way the double islands work. Great job!

• Emily
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I love the backsplash, great choice. Especially love the tiles over the cooktop. Congrats on your new space!

• tea4all
    12 years ago

First time through the pics--oohh that backsplash is beautiful--adds a sparkle to your lovely kitchen. Second time through--that granite is gorgeous with both white and cherry cabinets! (I think I'll have to put that down as one of my favorite stones.) Third time through--the lighted cabinet is exquisite. You did a superb job!! Thank you for sharing it with us. Enjoy!!

• Ilene Perl
    12 years ago

Your hard work shows, beautiful kitchen.

• gsciencechick
    12 years ago

The double islands are really cool! Love it all, especially the beautiful "twin" kitties.

• dilly_ny
    12 years ago

Really nice! How do you like the XO brand hood vent? I ordered their insert for my wood hood. Seemed like a good value, but I wasn't able to find many reviews on this brand.

Enjoy your new kitchen!

• carp123
    12 years ago

oooo very pretty!! love how the countertops look with the 'honey' cabinets.
    I would love to see some of that same wood tone accessories on sink side. Maybe a wood bowl or a wood utensil holder.

• cat_mom
    12 years ago

First words that came to my mind on viewing your pics; calm, soothing, and peaceful. Hope it is always thus in your lovely kitchen!

• michoumonster
    12 years ago

your kitchen is truly lovely! i especially like the legs on your islands and around your sink.

• ww340
    12 years ago

Love your kitchen. I agree with others - it looks so calm and serene.

• mmhmmgood
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Comfortable and homey (in addition to the calm and serene already written over and over!), easy to imagine sitting at your massive island with a cup of coffee. or wine. depending on the time of day.

• Linda
    12 years ago

Lovely! You can tell a lot of attention has been paid to all of the details -- everything goes together perfectly and each element enhances the others -- backsplash, pulls, granite, cabinets -- all are great choices. Enjoy!

• Staceydux
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. I couldn't have done it without constantly reading GW and getting ideas and insight. It's funny that everyone thought it was calm because it just happened to be during a time of day when my kids and husband weren't home. Usually the dog is running through, the kids and their friends are eating and there's a ton of stuff on the counters. If it's calm and serene, I haven't really experienced it yet because of the chaos that's usually going on.

As far at XO hood, we have no complaints at all. It works wonderfully. You will be very happy with your hood insert.

Thank you again everyone however the calmness and serenity probably won't happen until my kids go to college!

• likewhatyoudo
    12 years ago

Beautiful kitchen, congratulations. You have done a good job coordinating everything to make a nice serene space. Love how your granite goes with the back splash. enjoy!

• NewSouthernBelle
    12 years ago

It's beautiful. I love the backsplash and the granite.

• jstehl
    12 years ago

That is a beautiful kitchen. I love the granite and had almost picked that one myself. The two islands are beautiful and such a nice use of space. Enjoy!! I know it seems hard to believe it is done.

• Bunny
    12 years ago

Stacey, love your kitchen. It's got a really warm, comfortable vibe. The best part? The tuxedos. I have two myself. :)

• TxMarti
    12 years ago

It's gorgeous! I love the color of the granite with the cabinets, and so envious of all that workspace.

• SugarCookies
    12 years ago

Pretty kitchen!

• mydreamhome
    12 years ago

Beautiful!! I am envious of that backsplash!!!!

• catlover5
    12 years ago

The pussycats are so CUTE and the kitchen's GORGEOUS. I love the feeling the photos evoke. How do you tell the cats apart - they look almost identical?

• hellonasty
    12 years ago

Beautiful kitchen! The colors all work so well together and are so soothing! I love the backsplash and the glass fronted/lighted cabinet. Congratulations and enjoy!!!

• AnnaA
    12 years ago

What an inviting space! Beautiful!