Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marcolo, for you: a monel sink!

Posted by circuspeanut (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 11, 13 at 14:06

This Monel sink is extraordinary. We're doing something else in our butler's pantry, but if we weren't I'd snap this right up.

(Sorry for the public message, this benighted software keeps misdirecting your email page.)

Here is a link that might be useful: incredible monel sink

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marcolo, for you: a monel sink!

Damn. Too late. Can't work it in. No true vintagey goodness for me.

Gorgeous and a great price, too.

o

Circuspeanut I'm not sorry you went public. I had no idea what a monel sink was and now I do. I learn something new every day here. It's great...and dangerous. That makes me wish I had room for a fabulous garden shed.

o

Fab, is it not? *swoon*

My true basin love, however, would be a vintage original German Silver (nickel alloy) sink with that ultra-cool wiggly sink divide:

o

Wow, how do you find this stuff?! That's vintage? Cool. Love the wiggly divide too. Think it serves any purpose other than aesthetic?

o

ok, have I ever mentioned my dh using the phrase "in our next house" ????

that is so great!!!

o

Island -- yes, it's a vintage style that is very seldom found. Isn't it incredible? It seems most often associated with Victorian butlers' pantries. I don't know if the serpentine serves any real functional purpose -- but with that amount of sex appeal, who asks if she comes with a dowry?

What I like most about both the German silver and the Monel is that these are metals that don't carry the commercial connotation as stainless or the blueness of chrome.

There is a modern company who recreates these sinks for a hefty pricetag:

Here is a link that might be useful: modern German Silver Sinks

o
why is this fudge like monel metal?

2/3 nickel, 1/3 copper = what's not to like?

o

Wow, what a great sink, thanks for sharing. I'm tempted for my cottage, but it would be quite a road trip to pick it up.

o

re the wiggly divide, do you think it's so you can lay flat a larger fry/sauce pan by fitting the handle into the wiggle?

cheers

o

Usually the S-curve held the overflow drain. A pipe came up from the bottom, open at the top, so that if the sink were about to overflow, the water could go into the top of the pipe.

o

"I don't know if the serpentine serves any real functional purpose -- but with that amount of sex appeal, who asks if she comes with a dowry?"

Peanut that's the best!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here