Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

Do you remember this tile?

msrose
11 years ago

It seems like someone used a tile similar to this as their backsplash. I remember they had two choices, one with a colored square and one with a more neutral square. Or maybe it was a black square vs a netural square. I saw this when shopping for tile today and the red won't work for me, so was trying to remember who used a similar tile, so I could find out where it came from.

Comments (18)

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Was it hobokenkitchen?

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I did a search and it looks like she/he has had a couple of kitchen remodels, but I can't find one with a similar backsplash.

• Gracie
    11 years ago

The cherry and white kitchen. I can never remember her name. Momto3boys or something like that.

• remodelfla
    11 years ago

there are similar ones with ming green:

• tmy_jax
    11 years ago

Yep, if may_flowers is correct, you're talking about motherof3sons tile.

Here is a link that might be useful: motherof3sons link

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

may_flowers - I'm pretty sure it was a cherry and white kitchen! I checked the finished kitchen blog and she's not on there, so I'll do a google search.

remodelfla - I actually consdered something with ming green, so I like that also if it's not too busy on a larger scale.
    Thanks!

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

tmy_jax - That's it!!! Thank you guys. I knew you would figure it out.

• grlwprls
    11 years ago

I used that tile in the pineapple onyx color way. It's been sitting in my foyer since the last week in October and is being installed at this very moment. I love it - it's exactly what I hoped it would be.

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

grlwprls - Can you please post pictures when it's done?

• bellsmom
    11 years ago

I am pretty sure this is the one you posted.

Edited to say sorry. I thought you were looking for this tile, not a similar one you had seen which had different colors.

Here is a link that might be useful: decorative tile

This post was edited by Bellsmom on Sat, Mar 2, 13 at 21:32

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

Oh grlwprls! You are so fortunate to have yours installed. I am supposedly on the schedule for April cannot wait to finish this kitchen!!!!

• oldbat2be
    11 years ago

Grlwprls-pictures! No waiting for reveal, please show as is!

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

I love, love, love that flower tile. Just cannot wait to see it! I second oldbat2be's request for pics whether it's finished or not.

I wish I could think of a way to work it into our last bathroom remodel.

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Motherof3sons - Thanks for the update!

Do you mind if I ask you both where you bought the tile and how much you paid? Looks like it's pretty expensive. My granite place told me I picked the most expensive granite in the place and now this :)

This post was edited by msrose on Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 9:11

• grlwprls
    11 years ago

They are grouting today, so I'll do an in-progress reveal later.

As to cost? When I first found my tiles they were $65/sq ft. Although my (long suffering) husband said I could order them, I sort of put them out of my mind. That is until I found them on eBay for $19/ sq ft.

The tiles are doing exactly what I wanted them to do: give a fresh, graphic - but still vintage-y vibe - to the kitchen. We're trying to "take back" our 1920's house from a bad 1990's renovation.

• hobokenkitchen
    11 years ago

Lol I have had them on my eBay watch list for ages!! I think they are so gorgeous. Can't wait to see them - don't keep us waiting too long!! I'll be checking throughout the day! : )

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Wow! That's a good deal. I would have never thought of ordering tiles from ebay. Wonder how they sell them so cheap.

• msrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

motherof3sons - If you're still around, which one did you decide to go with...the white background with tan flowers or the tan background with white flowers?