Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oil Rubbed Bronze Sink Post Strainer

Posted by camarodreamer67 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 14 at 14:03

I bought two of these last year and had them installed when I purchased a new sink and faucet. One of them has a crack all the way through it. They were installed by the Lowes installer and when I called this morning, they advised me he would be calling to make arrangements to come and look at it. It is under warranty. However, it has turned to a very different color than the faucet by this point and is showing unavailable on Lowe's website. Since it is a double sink, I really want it to match and not sure I would want a stainless steel when the faucet is oil rubbed bronze. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oil Rubbed Bronze Sink Post Strainer

ORB is a living finish, and the more you use it, or clean it, the more the bronze underneath will show. It's your choice as to whether to live with that or not. But, no one on the planet is going to come to your house and stare at your sink strainers and give you a look of pity because you didn't "upgrade" from clean, hygenic, non staining, stainless or chrome.

o
RE: Oil Rubbed Bronze Sink Post Strainer

Oh my! I can't help but laugh. I definitely am not worrying about someone else looking at it. I live in the middle of a cow pasture. It doesn't look like its changing colors, it looks like a finish is coming off. I paid $50.00 each for them and now not sure I can get by with changing out just one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here