Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Backsplashes behind range

Posted by khallock (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 14, 13 at 14:00

My husband is trying to get me to consider have a full-height stainless steel backsplash behind our 36" range (probably a Bluestar). I love the look of a tiled backsplash, but I wonder if the stainless steel will be easier to keep clean.

Do you have to pick out a certain tile for behind a range? Something glazed so you can easily wipe it down?

Also, if you do choose a stainless steel backsplash, do you install that first and then tile the rest of the backsplash right up to the stainless steel?

This is probably going to be "my project" since he is doing everything else. I just want to know what I'm in for.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Backsplashes behind range

I thought about doing a SS backsplash but instead opted for continuing my honed calacatta marble backsplash behind my 36" Blue Star with grill. I went with 6" x 18" tiles to reduce grout lines and I sealed the marble. I have been very happy with my decision not to do stainless steel behind the range. If I get a splash of grease or tomato sauce, I can wipe it right down. It is hard to imagine that stainless steel is easier to keep clean. It seems to me that grease, etc. would show up more on the SS than the tile and reaching over the burners to clean the SS would be awkward for me at least because I am not tall.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here