Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
biochem101

Any Forum Members in CT???

biochem101
15 years ago

Looking through the Cleveland, Duble and Arnold real estate listings I swear I've seen some of these kitchens right here! Take a look, every single one is white/shaker/marble/etc.

http://www.clevelandduble.com/listings/category/over3/

NOW I know why my kitchen doesn't quite look like the others. LOL! Sheesh.

Also saw one that looked recognizable the other night on the HGTV show "the Property Shop". It was the $2 million home of a Canadian hockey player. Same design features. Any pro hockey players wives here??? :D

Oh, well, it's fun to browse. :) Now if I could just win that lottery....

Here is a link that might be useful: What a $3 Million Kitchen Looks Like

Comments (23)

• labradoodlemom
    15 years ago

WOW!!! That is crazy!
    And here DH and I thought our cream shaker cabinets would bring unique charm to our farmhouse! Seems like everyone thinks that way! But, hey, at least we're on the same page as millionaires!
    Thanks for sharin' that link. I live in Litchfield county but love seein' what the shore homes are like - esp. at that price range!

• eandhl
    15 years ago

labradoodlemom, I am in Litchfield County too.

• labradoodlemom
    15 years ago

Eandhl, what a small world! :-) Are you in the kitchen remodelling process?

• labradoodlemom
    15 years ago

Eandhl, disregard my question! I just realized that you responded to my red island post and told me about your cabinets and soapstone counters! (Sorry! I'm still learning people's screen names!) Any great resources or tips you'd recommend in the area?!?!?

• eastcoastmom
    15 years ago

Some gorgeous kitchens there. I know that Connecticut was practically ground zero for the Christopher Peacock look. I bookmarked this photo - the color of the walls seems ideal for my open kitchen and family room.

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

All the people in Litchfield county doing work on their homes, maybe I shoulda stayed put in Terryville!

• snocone
    15 years ago

We are from Orange CT and this is my first ever post. Cindy

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

Hey Cindy-- Welcome to the Kitchens forum! Just for the record, I grew up on Highmeadow Lane, just off Racebrook Road, by the Orange Agency!

• 2ajsmama
    15 years ago

I'm in corner of Hartford county just over the Litchfield County line . And I mean *just* over - the first 200 or so ft of my driveway are in Litchfield Cty.

• jejvtr
    15 years ago

I'm in Fairfield County - Love looking through the local Real Estate

• buddyrose
    15 years ago

Hi I just bought a small Cape Cod bungalow in Morris Cove, New Haven. And I'm doing a painted white maple kitchen. These millionaires are just copy cats! LOL

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

Buddy-- my sister just bought a small ranch out there on the Cove, as well. (two other sisters not too far away in Branford, as well, not to mention a brother who stuck around Orange, and works out of the fire marshal's office there.

• idrive65
    15 years ago

We just built in Litchfield county. My kitchen does NOT look like those million-dollar beauties! Hey Bill - my husband is from Terryville too!

• boystown
    15 years ago

eastcoastmom: I love this color too----anyone want to guess what color it is??? My son moved to Bristol CT. last April. He bought a cape cod home of which I love.

• idrive65
    15 years ago

It looks similar to BM Monroe Bisque, but a little richer.

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

idrive65-- I lived on 262. I had the gray raised ranch right across the street from the northern most entrance to Lake Plymouth Blvd. :-)

• idrive65
    15 years ago

Small world! We were just driving by there last weekend. One of dh's best friends grew up on Lake Plymouth. We thought about buying land at the little airport nearby but we didn't want to settle down in Plymouth. (Small town -- everybody knows everybody's history, LOL) Dh's parents lived in a white colonial on Harwinton Ave.

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

That's actually what I liked about it (small town). When we were building, I was really impressed by an experience I had in town at that little Tru-Value store by McD's. I'd gone in to get some painting supplies, talking to the clerk, he knew right off where we were building. I'd gotten everything together and he'd wrung me up, and there was another customer who needed help down in the back of the store. In the middle of writing out the check, I told him to go ahead, that I'd wait. His response was that's okay-- here's the receipt. Just leave the check on the counter!

Living around the New Haven area all my life (first in West Haven till I was 10, and then in Orange), that was the first time in my life I'd encountered that kind of trust from ANY business.

If you think Terryville's small, you ought to see where I am now, in Maine! Bridgton has a year round residency of about 3500 people, although in the summer, that swells to about 8000. :-)

• katiekitchen
    15 years ago

Glad I chose white cabinets for my CT home...even though I'm in Hartford County. By the way, if anyone in CT is looking for a custom cabinetmaker, I have a great one for you!

• 2ajsmama
    15 years ago

I think my carpenter does cabinets too, didn't have any made but if anybody just needs a really picky finish carpenter in Hartford/Litchfield county area, I've got the guy for you!

• buddyrose
    15 years ago

bill vincent, does your sister LOVE the view of the LI Sound? I walk my poodle along the seawall every chance I get. Gorgeous.

• bill_vincent
    15 years ago

Never been down that way except as a kid when I was in High School and fresh out. I used to go down that way every once in a while when I heard the blues and stripers were hitting out that way! :-) But to answer your question, my whole family loves the ocean. Even now, I have one sister that lives in Southington. The rest of my family lives within 20 minutes of the shoreline. Even myself-- I'm an hour in from the shore, but instead, within 15 minutes of boat ramps to 7 different lakes, and I can double that within a half hour's reach. :-)

• buddyrose
    15 years ago

Conn. may have the second highest electrical costs in the country (I scream every month when I get my bill!) but it sure is a pretty place to live. ;-)