Return to the Kitchens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Me Make Out the Undertone (Pic Included)

Posted by gdwright07 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 13:56

Wife and I are stumped on an off-white subway tile that coordinates with our existing cabinets, Merillat Classic Chiffon. We've gone through a ton of subway tile samples and what we consistently notice is that many of these read pink against our cabinets (I think our cabs have a yellow undertone, but sometimes I see a hint of green...weird). Anyways to help us hone in on what we should be looking at, I'd appreciate your feedback on what undertones you see in the attached pic. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Me Make Out the Undertone (Pic Included)

here's another pic that I just took to help in your assessment.

o

Every monitor is different and on mine I don't see pink or yellow, looks more blue or gray in tone. Would be easier if we were also looking at the cab and tile samples next to each other. Someone posted that Ann Sacks makes subway in a lot of shades of white and cream. Have you looked at those?

o

Put a sheet of priinter paper on it and retake the photo. The tones should jump out at you then.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Kitchens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here