Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donya2_gw

Different colored cabinets on opposite kitchen walls

Donya2
11 years ago

Hello - I had seen a similar question on here awhile ago and I'm curious to see if anyone has any suggestions or pictures? I am redoing our kitchen, removing a bi-level breakfast bar peninsula, adding a very narrow, console table-like island, and extending the cabinets/counter on one side. Our cabinets are ok, a warm, medium tone maple stain, that I'd like to keep; however, the manufacturer has changed the stain, and new ones look completely different. With that in mind, we are reusing the cabinets on the other side of the kitchen (by the fridge) to extend the opposite wall, and buying new cabinets for the fridge wall (just the top fridge cabinet, panel and 30" base & 30" top/micro cabinet). But rather than paying to have the existing stain match, I am thinking of just getting cream painted cabinets for the fridge wall (which would match the new cream painted narrow island). The countertops will be light, as will the backsplash (part cream painted bead board, part subway tile), but I'm worried it will look too much like a spilt kitchen, with one half cream (fridge wall and island) and the other half brown (long wall and range wall). If anyone has ideas, pictures, advice, I'd really appreciate it! Thank you!

Comments (8)